Perkins Diesel and ASV

/ Perkins Diesel and ASV #1  

jmfox

Platinum Member
I have an 80hp Perkins in my ASV CTL. What is the best synthetic oil for the crankcase?

jmf

/ Perkins Diesel and ASV #2  
JM: It's been 4 months with about 40 hours into my SR-80 and I'm very very happy. My initial useage has been clearing/light logging with a Valby rotating grapple from Northeast Implements. I also did a ton of rock work repairing damaged culvers, but I send my regards for all your help through my ASV
purchase period. I'm still wrestling with high flow E:)rskine blower, which may need to wait a year. I wish there was just a touch more leg room to stretch the limbs. WGS

/ Perkins Diesel and ASV
The SR80 (now PT80) is a sweet concept. There are harder tools in the shed, but none as workable. I read somewhere here that a skid steer owner was wishing for a smaller cab to improve visibility. I'm 6'2" and have enough room. Did you adjust the seat back?

jmf

/ Perkins Diesel and ASV #4  
What's your Owner's Manual call for weight/grade'wise? If it matches the weight/grade, RTS 5-40 seems to be a pretty popular choice for just about every diesel application.

/ Perkins Diesel and ASV
I believe ASV recommends their rebranded Posi-Lube 10-30w.

jmf

/ Perkins Diesel and ASV #6  
I thought the seat was all the way back, but if you're 6'2" and not having leg
issues then I need to re-look at the setting. First snow work coming up as looks like Vermont will be in for accumulation over the next 6 to 10 days.