New portable transfer pump for gas.

/ New portable transfer pump for gas. #1  

Al 2

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4150
Hello everyone. New to posting here but I've been reading this board for a long time. This post is a follow up to the various discussions about fuel transfer problems and solutions. I, like a few others here have been trying to devise a system for fuel transfer and my search led me to this new product, the Facet Fuel-IT Fuel Transfer pump. ( Highlifter | Facetョ Fuel-Itョ Electronic Transfer Fuel Pump) I just bought this unit from Highlifter and tried it once to see how it works. It seems like a quality product only the flow rate, ( 1 GPM ) is still a bit slow for large tanks. Keep in mind this is rated for gasoline so would be handy for the wife or girlfriend to fuel up the gas powered toys and yard equipment. For diesel, I think there are some small pumps that are faster. My search today shows that the Facet pump is also available from other suppliers and that the battery is a option. I think it would be more useful to buy a 12 volt booster pack. Also, you may want to check shipping costs. I wouldn't have ordered one if I had known the freight and border fees were $106.00
Al

/ New portable transfer pump for gas. #2  
I haven't finished mine yet. But I bought a racing fuel pump off ebay that I think will transfer fuel at about 2.5 gal/min. Runs on 12vdc. Figured I would mount the pump to a hand truck, have a long power cable to hook to vehicle battery. All electrical connections will be sealed with shrink tubing and I figure the gas can will be about 2 feet from the pump. Drop the tube into the tank and have a sealed switch to turn pump on and off. I'm guessing I'll have about 60 bucks into when I'm done.

Wedge

/ New portable transfer pump for gas. #3  
Heck, I just use a kerosene can pump. It's slow, but I don't use my tractor all that much and have plenty of time.

/ New portable transfer pump for gas. #4  

For diesel, I think there are some small pumps that are faster.
Al
here is my diesel pump.
It pumps 10 gallon a minute.
I got it on sale at northern tool for $69.00.
This pump is no longer available but ,
You can get 1 about like it fron Northern tool for $99.00.
Pumps 15 gallon a minute.

/ New portable transfer pump for gas. #5  
I use a hand crank barrel pump as often listed on Ebay that sells in the $10-$20 range.
Takes about 5 mins to fill my MT180 with effortless cranking.
In my case I needed to shorten the suction tube to fit my smaller than 45 gal drum but a hacksaw did that easily.
Only problem is that it pumps faster than the filter screen in my filler can handle so I need to watch it closely.
Oh, and I mounted the plastic drum an a 2 wheeled movers hand cart held in place with an old seat belt.

/ New portable transfer pump for gas. #6  
1*I use a hand crank barrel pump as often listed on Ebay that sells in the $10-$20 range.
Takes about 5 mins to fill my MT180 with effortless cranking.
2* I mounted the plastic drum to a 2 wheeled movers hand cart held in place with an old seat belt.
1*For my purpose I could not use a hand cranked pump as enptying a 55 gallon drum would be a lot of cranking.
2*My drums aren't mounted to anything because my set up eliminates moving drums of fuel around.

/ New portable transfer pump for gas. #7  
People, the OP and I are using GASOLINE NOT DIESEL. Means we have to find pumps that are gas friendly.

Wedge

/ New portable transfer pump for gas. #8  
People, the OP and I are using GASOLINE NOT DIESEL. Means we have to find pumps that are gas friendly.

Wedge
I know ; but i was replying to Al 2s comment below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al 2

For diesel, I think there are some small pumps that are faster.
Al