Frozen Power Service

/ Frozen Power Service #21  
Microwaves also make great metal detection devices.

/ Frozen Power Service #22  
Even more fun, defeat the interlock and run it with the door open. You can kill WiFi and BlueTooth for miles around, same freq band but 10,000 times more power:)

Just kidding- do not do this- it will interfere - but you can also cook yourself, the eyes and nuts are the first to go.

Along the same line of kitchen do's and don'ts- so now you guys are gonna tell me none of you have never baked paint or cured epoxy in the oven either?

/ Frozen Power Service
...or cleaned parts in your dishwasher? :D

Ive baked many of parts in the oven too...xcept the paint smell lingers for awhile. :cool:

Of course the above was done many yrs ago when we rented...wouldn't think of doing in my own place:p

/ Frozen Power Service #24  
Just kidding- do not do this- it will interfere - but you can also cook yourself, the eyes and nuts are the first to go.

At least they won't be passing on those crooked chromosomes....

jb

/ Frozen Power Service #25  

I saw an article awhile back where you can use a u-wave to melt some metals (alum, zinc, cu, etc). It had to do with using a particular type of material for the crucible. Carbon maybe?

And yes, do it in an old one, not the one in the kitchen!

/ Frozen Power Service #26  
I have a bottle of Bio Kleen that froze out in the garage. I've left other PS products out there with no problems. The MSDS for BK states that it will cryallize below 50* and to warm and mix before using.

*The bottle froze solid so after it thaws and I mix it, is it still safe to use?

Thanks...
What's to keep it from freezing again when you put it in your tractor.?

/ Frozen Power Service #27  
I would think that it would be diluted enough in a larger tank to not refreeze.. My solution is to live where it don't get that blasted cold...:p

/ Frozen Power Service #28  
When mixed with diesel fuel it becomes a whole different compound, lots of substances are that way.

I remember in Chemistry a demo where a quart of one substance was mixed with a quart of something else and the result fit into less than a 2 quart container!

/ Frozen Power Service #29  
I have seen power service with anti gel freeze up on the highway now i use howes u cant beat it they tow you for free too

/ Frozen Power Service #30  
Fuel additives that are formulated for biodiesel may actually be composed of some glycerin compounds. Glycerin has a high pour point. For example, many biodiesel fuels will cause cold filter plugging at temperatures as high as 40*F. Generally, the "freezing" you describe is actually an increase in viscosity. Some additves may be forced out of solution. The advice to warm the bottle and shake it up is valid.