deere oil compared to schaeffer oil

/ deere oil compared to schaeffer oil #1  

towade

Anyone have or know where to find comparision charts for Deere's 15w-40 plus 50 and Deere's Hygard transmission oil compared to Schaeffer's equivalent oils?

/ deere oil compared to schaeffer oil #2  
Anyone have or know where to find comparision charts for Deere's 15w-40 plus 50 and Deere's Hygard transmission oil compared to Schaeffer's equivalent oils?
Ask your question on this website Welcome

/ deere oil compared to schaeffer oil #3  
Coobie's reply is a good one, but you'll probably end up getting so buried in all the oil threads over there that we'll never hear from you again. :( :D

Your best bet might be to contact the Schaeffer rep or the factory Shaeffer Oil | Industrial Lubricants, Diesel Fuel Additives , and ask them if they have lubes that meet the J-D specs.

Schaeffer has a very good reputation amongst the HDEO crowd - they'll have what you need. ;)

/ deere oil compared to schaeffer oil #4  
Coobie's reply is a good one, but you'll probably end up getting so buried in all the oil threads over there that we'll never hear from you again. :( :D

Your best bet might be to contact the Schaeffer rep or the factory Shaeffer Oil | Industrial Lubricants, Diesel Fuel Additives , and ask them if they have lubes that meet the J-D specs.

Schaeffer has a very good reputation amongst the HDEO crowd - they'll have what you need. ;)
I agree on the schaeffer oil being a good oil.I use it in all of my cars,truck and some of my equipment.I did not want to sway someones view one way or the other since I use schaeffers myself.coobie

/ deere oil compared to schaeffer oil #5  
towade,
Schaeffer does make good oil, I do not have a chart for them but here is what I found for Deere oil when I was looking.
John Deere +50 oil

Plus-50 15W-40 Engine Oil

Applications
Plus-50 provides the best performance and wear protection for John Deere diesel engines.

Excellent for use in all diesel engines requiring a 15W-40 oil with CI-4 Plus performance.

Excellent for heavy-duty trucks, tractors, pickups, combines and other diesel engines.
Service Ratings
API (diesel): CI-4 Plus, CI-4,
CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF
API (gasoline): SL, SJ, SH
ACEA: E5, E4, E3, E2, E1
JASO: DH-1
Global: DHD-1
John Deere: JDQ 78A
Cummins: CES20078, 77, 76, 72, 71
Daimler Chrysler: 228.5, 228.3
Mack: EO-N Premium Plus 03, EO-N Plus,
EO-M Plus, EO-M, EO-L Plus, EO-L