how to tell if gas is mixed with oil

/ how to tell if gas is mixed with oil #11  
If you don't know,[and its been setting around like you say],than use it for weed killer and mix up a fresh batch.

But you should be able to tell by the color.

/ how to tell if gas is mixed with oil #13  
I have also seen green and purple 2 cycle oils.

/ how to tell if gas is mixed with oil #14  
Gary, here's the answer to your question.

Take a piece of white notebook paper, and put a drop of the gasoline on it. Then let the gas evaporate. If it is gasoline only (unmixed), then the paper will dry completely. If there is oil mixed in it, you will have an oil spot remaining on the paper after the gasoline has evaporated.

Good luck with it!

That is what I do too. But I also put a drop of straight gasoline side by side on the same piece of the paper to have a reference.

/ how to tell if gas is mixed with oil #16  
PLEASE do not use it to start a BOMB FIRE!!!! Bon fires can be lit with some diesel or kerosine NEVER gasoline.
Absolutley right!
The problem with gas is that it vaporizes quickly, unlike kerosene or diesel fuel. Those vapors can explode around you and you won't even know it's happening. Ever seen one of those fires in the pits at an Indy race? That's alcohol but is similiar to how gasoline can vaporize and ignite. Using gas to start fires is a huge no-no.
My dad was a fireman and has seen first hand what happens. It's not pretty :eek:

/ how to tell if gas is mixed with oil #17  
Absolutley right!
The problem with gas is that it vaporizes quickly, unlike kerosene or diesel fuel. Those vapors can explode around you and you won't even know it's happening. Ever seen one of those fires in the pits at an Indy race? That's alcohol but is similiar to how gasoline can vaporize and ignite. Using gas to start fires is a huge no-no.
My dad was a fireman and has seen first hand what happens. It's not pretty :eek:

I learned that lesson myself long ago. So did my eyebrows. :eek:

/ how to tell if gas is mixed with oil #18  
Even though they recently stopped making it, Mobile's 2 stroke oil didn't have dye in it. I can't think of any others off of the top of my head that don't have a dye in them.

/ how to tell if gas is mixed with oil
Loved the paper suggestion. Turned out it was straight gas. I'll mix it with fresh and just use it.