SUDT/UDT THF story

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #11  
funny you mentioned TSC. I was at my folks for the weekend and was poring over the Massey Ferguson manuals. You are probably thinking at this point what does MF have to do with kubota and TSC ? Well long story short, I saw a "compatible" oil and its says Mystik JT-5. It says its a super UDT for kubota, permantran for MF, john deere and so on for few others I can't remember at the top of my head. for 75 bucks for 5 gallons, it seems cheaper then the actual super UDT from kubota. I was flabbergasted when I saw this oil that is supposedly a SUDT generic brand and few other brands as well.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #12  
After all of that hassle I would just go to the dealer and by the UDT from them. You know the UDT is what you need so why skimp if what you might end up getting isn't a quality oil. Or you could go buy some of Amsoil's Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil, it's rated as a substitution for Kubota UDT.
I agree with this post.I can never figure out why people pay BIG BUCKS for tractors and then skimp on the fuilds that are recommended by the tractor company.Go to a Kubota dealer & make life easy plus save on fuel costs & time running around trying to save a buck or two.coobie

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #13  
I agree with this post.I can never figure out why people pay BIG BUCKS for tractors and then skimp on the fuilds that are recommended by the tractor company.Go to a Kubota dealer & make life easy plus save on fuel costs & time running around trying to save a buck or two.coobie

Well, I guess that I'm going to stir it up a little bit here.

The dealer that I use most of the time carries the Kubota Super UDT fluid but also carries a generic SUDT called Power Tech, made in the USA by a division of Royal Manufacturing Company and it is marked for use in Kubota Tractors. I can't remember what the price difference was between the Kubota Product and Power Tech but it was enough to be of interest.

I also asked the dealer if he sold much of the Kubota SUDT and he said, "Very little. Sometimes a customer comes in who will insist on the Kubota product but most people use the Power Tech". He also said that they use the Power Tech in all their service work because most of their customers object to paying the price for Kubota Super UDT.

So, I don't think that it's the absolute cost of Kubota Super UDT that people object to but the fact that they know that they are being totally gouged when buying it. Personally, I buy the Power Tech from the dealer and keep the receipt ... just in case. You never know what will happen but it's worked for 1600 hours on the B2400 and the L4740 is coming up for its 200 hour service.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #14  
After doing 50 hour service on my Grand L3130GST and replacing the dealer filled Kubota UDT with the Super UDT, I saw quicker shifting of the transmission with no lag. Also have heard several cases of people having less then normal performance from their RTVs when using other then SUDT. If you have a Kubota product with either the GST or Hydro transmission it is strongly recommended to use the SUPER.

David Kb7uns

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #15  
We have a dealer north of me who sells john deere and kubota. I asked for the specs for sutd to find cheaper brands and he printed them right outfor me. Now I have a compatible list and I went to see the shop manager to see if I used a different brand would the warranty be voided, he said no as long as I used whatever was on that list.

Now I use john deere sudt for $68.00 instead of paying $120.00 for kubota sudt.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #16  
What does UDT and SUDT stand for?

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #18  
The last time I checked, TSC's THF was 10w-30, but it only was listed as meeting UDT, not super. Nonetheless, as a multi-viscosity fluid, it would appear to be superior to UDT in that regard.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #19  

Because whom says a cheaper fluid / filter will not cause harm..Example, a Kubota oil filter for a BX24 is almost $8 from bota..A after market is $2.50 to $4 and some are better filters too.

SUDT and UDT also have diff application here too. That was stated years ago.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #20  
The last time I checked, TSC's THF was 10w-30, but it only was listed as meeting UDT, not super. Nonetheless, as a multi-viscosity fluid, it would appear to be superior to UDT in that regard.

Samething with Amsoil synthetic fluid..It is more then for application wise here.