SUDT/UDT THF story

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #21  
Samething with Amsoil synthetic fluid..It is more then for application wise here.

Yes, but Amsoil (probably justifably so) is about $115 versus the less than $50 for the TSC fluid, so one has to consider how much better might be desired. I chose the Amsoil because I don't want to change it anytime soon again and I need superior winter performance, better even than what a conventional dino 10w-30 fluid will provide.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #22  
Yes, but Amsoil (probably justifably so) is about $115 versus the less than $50 for the TSC fluid, so one has to consider how much better might be desired. I chose the Amsoil because I don't want to change it anytime soon again and I need superior winter performance, better even than what a conventional dino 10w-30 fluid will provide.

But you cannot compare Amsoil vs TSC fluid..Example, pull a UOA and VOA and see the diff. You get what you pay for.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #23  
OK swo3 I got diff, but whats UOA and VOA?

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #24  
OK swo3 I got diff, but whats UOA and VOA?

Yeah, I'm lost too. I'm about to do my 50 hr service on my dk40se, but it's gear drive so I'm guessing it's not as critical?

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #26  
But you cannot compare Amsoil vs TSC fluid..Example, pull a UOA and VOA and see the diff. You get what you pay for.

I agree with your conclusion, but sure you can compare, in fact, that is why I chose Amsoil. I want the superior winter characteristics and the long life. Still, tens of thousands of tractors are using the TSC fluid, and it may be better (although I've not compared) than the standard fluids used by NH, Kubota and Deere.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #28  
What Amsoil?
The Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-30?

No, Kubota SUDT was made for more then a trann fluid app.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #29  
I agree with your conclusion, but sure you can compare, in fact, that is why I chose Amsoil. I want the superior winter characteristics and the long life. Still, tens of thousands of tractors are using the TSC fluid, and it may be better (although I've not compared) than the standard fluids used by NH, Kubota and Deere.

Again I agree but you get what you pay for hence, this is why you paid for a better fluid.

/ SUDT/UDT THF story #30  
It's time to change the HST fluid so I started reading up on all the posts about what's best. Decided to call the Kubota dealer and ask their price. Gal behind the counter told me roughly $75 per 5 gallon pail for UDT and about $145 for SUDT. <snip>

Just a note and to help support a guy on the board - Kubota Super UDT, 5Gal Pail $105.70 w/ shipping to your door for <$21, and probably no tax.