Battery Additives

/ Battery Additives #1  

zkurtb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
These used to be common in the auto-parts stores, but in searching around no one seems to stock them any more. However there are a number of these products available on-line.

Many years ago I recall they seemed to have a poor reputation. But with the passing of time one might hope they have evolved and perhaps some of these might actually have some usefulness...

Does anyone have any experience with the various battery additive products? Do you think they are a good product or a waste of money? If you have experience - preferably recently - with any of them, which ones and how did they work?

If they work, I'd think $5-$10 to double the life of my battery was a good investment.

/ Battery Additives #2  
Here's the stuff I swear by. I purchased a battery operated fork lift and the battery went out in three years. That may not seem too important till you find out the replacement price for that battery was 4K yes I said four thousand dollars.

I needed a solution because I wasn't going to spend 4K every three years. I put this stuff in and that was 15 yes I said fifteen years ago and I still have the same battery.

Battery Equaliser Doubles Battery Life - for Auto, Boat, Golf Cart, Motorcycle, Solar, Truck, RV, Forklift, Floor Cleaner and all Lead Acid Batteries

I buy this stuff by the 32oz size. Anything that has a battery needs this stuff.

I'm not getting paid for thgis nor am I associated with them.

/ Battery Additives #3  
And there isnt a battery company in the world that would endorse that product!

/ Battery Additives #4  
Here's the stuff I swear by. I purchased a battery operated fork lift and the battery went out in three years. That may not seem too important till you find out the replacement price for that battery was 4K yes I said four thousand dollars.

I needed a solution because I wasn't going to spend 4K every three years. I put this stuff in and that was 15 yes I said fifteen years ago and I still have the same battery.

Battery Equaliser Doubles Battery Life - for Auto, Boat, Golf Cart, Motorcycle, Solar, Truck, RV, Forklift, Floor Cleaner and all Lead Acid Batteries

I buy this stuff by the 32oz size. Anything that has a battery needs this stuff.

I'm not getting paid for thgis nor am I associated with them.

I have been an electric forklift mechanic for 25 years. The longest I have ever seen a battery last is 7 years and that was under a rotation. Basically, it was charged, cooled down, used, cooled, and charged. Ultimate perfect comditions. If this stuff works like Catdriver says, it is worth it's weight in gold.
Andy

/ Battery Additives #5  
Seems there is at least one battery company that endorses the product, and SEATOW, the preeminent tow recovery company for on water towing of boats also endorses it, among a number of other well known and recognizable name brand manufacturers and companies that use it: for instance- Costco, etc.
Seatow's endorsement alone is good enough for me; and I used to sell batteries via my shop and know a lot about maintaining them. I use 4 batteries on my boat, 2 deep cycle and 2 starting batteries, ALL Interstate brand, and batteries in my tractor, also Interstate, and in three Toyota vehicles ('03 Tacoma dbl cab, '07 Forerunner, '08 Highlander, several lawnmowers, battery powered weed eater, ATV, etc.
And even if no battery manufacturer endorsed a product does NOT mean it would not be of use to the end user. JMHO:)

And there isnt a battery company in the world that would endorse that product!

/ Battery Additives #6  
Seems there is at least one battery company that endorses the product, and SEATOW, the preeminent tow recovery company for on water towing of boats also endorses it, among a number of other well known and recognizable name brand manufacturers and companies that use it: for instance- Costco, etc.
Seatow's endorsement alone is good enough for me; and I used to sell batteries via my shop and know a lot about maintaining them. I use 4 batteries on my boat, 2 deep cycle and 2 starting batteries, ALL Interstate brand, and batteries in my tractor, also Interstate, and in three Toyota vehicles ('03 Tacoma dbl cab, '07 Forerunner, '08 Highlander, several lawnmowers, battery powered weed eater, ATV, etc.
And even if no battery manufacturer endorsed a product does NOT mean it would not be of use to the end user. JMHO:)
I think that was his point. A good product that would double the life of batteries would cut the demand for batteries in half. No battery company wants that.

/ Battery Additives #7  

Costco SELLS things...they dont make anything!

As far as "seatow" goes ( Ive never heard orf them??) anyone I ever heard of that operates "off shore" switched to AGM batterys that are SEALED ( ya cant add anything to them) and will operate 100% even if turned upside down

/ Battery Additives #8  
If a battery company endorsed it, why wouldn't they just use it, double their warranttee and sell their batterys for an extra 5-10% over the competition??? They are in business to make a PROFIT, not just produce more batteries...

/ Battery Additives #9  
*And even if no battery manufacturer endorsed a product does NOT mean it would not be of use to the end user. JMHO:)
Why would a battery maker endorse something that would decrease sales of their product?

/ Battery Additives #10  
I have used Charge-it for years on all my batteries. GREAT stuff. I have batteries going on 15 years in service.:D