Would you burn heating oil in your tractor?

/ Would you burn heating oil in your tractor? #1  

demoman357

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335, Case 480C
I have found some interesting threads in this forum complete with technical specifications and some funny anecdotes.

Here is the situation: 200 gallons of #1 heating oil is free if you can haul it away over 12 months and remove the tank it was in. The oil is clean and without water. It does not even smell bad. The oil is 4 years old. One can discuss enlessly the chemical diferences and such, but would YOU use it as fuel in YOUR tractor?

/ Would you burn heating oil in your tractor? #2  
Here it would be the same as #1 diesel

Are you sure it is #1?

/ Would you burn heating oil in your tractor? #3  
Would I use it, yes. I would mix it 25 % heating oil and 75% diesel.

/ Would you burn heating oil in your tractor? #4  
Here where I am home heating oil in #2 grade and #2 grade "AG" diesel are the exact same product. Id run it

/ Would you burn heating oil in your tractor? #5  
Here where I am home heating oil in #2 grade and #2 grade "AG" diesel are the exact same product. Id run it

That is why I asked

You can get #1 fuel oil but I am not sure why anyone would use it

/ Would you burn heating oil in your tractor? #7  
I would mix it 25 % heating oil and 75% diesel.
This wouldn't make sense around here because after you mixed it you'd still have 100 percent diesel or 100 percent heating oil depending on which ever one you wanted to call it.

/ Would you burn heating oil in your tractor? #8  
I'd use it, around here its the all the same stuff.

As LB said it's all in what you want to call it. Highway deisel has a lower sulfur content, than AG fuel/home heating oil, plus AG fuel & home heating oil have that wonderfull red die to indicate that it has had no road tax applied.

(FYI if you get caught with even a drop of that red stuff in your diesel truck or car fines are more than a little painful!)

/ Would you burn heating oil in your tractor? #9  
Sure as long as it was clean

/ Would you burn heating oil in your tractor? #10  
This wouldn't make sense around here because after you mixed it you'd still have 100 percent diesel or 100 percent heating oil depending on which ever one you wanted to call it.

So in your area #1 and #2 are the same?????????????:confused:

The OP did say #1 heating oil.