Topping off SUDT with UTD

/ Topping off SUDT with UTD #1  

SCDolphin

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240: Craftsman GT6500
Can I top off my tractor which has SUDT with 1 or 2 quarts of Kubota UDT without causing a problem??

Thanks

/ Topping off SUDT with UTD #3  
sure you can...unless it is not in a hyd.

And whom cares, you can do it.

/ Topping off SUDT with UTD
Because I did my first hydro change and put the more expensive SUDT. I am down about 2 quarts and I can't find a small quantity of SUDT only UDT. If you know who sells a gallon of SUDT let me know. My dealer told me I could use Ambria which they use in their NH (blue tractors)........thanks

/ Topping off SUDT with UTD #5  
Your dealer should have both quart and 1 gallon SUDT, as well as the 2.5 gallon.

/ Topping off SUDT with UTD #6  
Because I did my first hydro change and put the more expensive SUDT. I am down about 2 quarts and I can't find a small quantity of SUDT only UDT. If you know who sells a gallon of SUDT let me know. My dealer told me I could use Ambria which they use in their NH (blue tractors)........thanks

I don't know if it would hurt but I wouldn't do it. I think SUDT is synthetic.

My dealer has 5 gal, 1 gal, and 1 qt containers. He also has bulk SUDT. Ask your dealer of they have bulk. You could bring your own container. You can also get the big container and keep it is stock for next time.

/ Topping off SUDT with UTD #7  
I don't know if it would hurt but I wouldn't do it. I think SUDT is synthetic.

My dealer has 5 gal, 1 gal, and 1 qt containers. He also has bulk SUDT. Ask your dealer of they have bulk. You could bring your own container. You can also get the big container and keep it is stock for next time.

That does not matter. I think you are missing the point of SUDT and UDT..You can mix them all day long....The specs they conform too are almost the same outside of SUDT and SUDT was derived to be used in other places that UDT cannot.

/ Topping off SUDT with UTD #8  
SUDT is just a multiviscosity compared to UDT which is single viscosity.

The multiviscosity allows it to flow at a much greater rate at all times and temperatures, the single grade cannot flow as much until it reaches much higher temperatures and even then it does not flow as much at the SUDT multigrade.

If you have a 15 gallon hydraulic tank filled with SUDT and you need to top up with 2 gallons of UDT, it is not going to matter that much.

If you have a HST or GST transmission-hydraulic system, you will notice the improvement with the SUDT over the UDT even using the loader or backhoe since you will have higher flow rates.