Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK?

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK? #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
I've read the owner's manual for my Kioti DK35se/hst and the book says: API rating CC or CD?!
I cannot find any diesel oil that says it meets those spec letters; there are higher letters in the alphabet but I don't know how the companies/API determines their rating system lettering.

My main question is: does Amsoil's synthetic 15-40 Diesel oil meet or exceed the CC or CD specs?
If so, are a lot of you guys using it in your newer, or for that matter older tractors, and what are your thoughts on it vs. Rotella T synthetic or other similar or different synthetic oils?

Thanks,

CM

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK? #2  
My main question is: does Amsoil's synthetic 15-40 Diesel oil meet or exceed the CC or CD specs?
If so, are a lot of you guys using it in your newer, or for that matter older tractors, and what are your thoughts on it vs. Rotella T synthetic or other similar or different synthetic oils?

Thanks,

CM

Yes, it will work great in your tractor. I used to run Amsoil's synthetic 15-40 in my machines but it just got too danged expensive. I think I have Delvac and some Rotella on the shelves now. I feel that the Amsoil is a superior oil by a wide margin, but I can't see having a problem using Delvac or Rotella as long as you keep up with normal maintenance. If I used my machines extremely hard and/or planned on putting over 10k hours on them, I'd likely stick with Amsoil; but I don't so I won't. :)

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK? #3  
Rotella oils are more than adequate for your Kioti; I use Rotella 5W40 synthetic in my 3054 for it's low temp pour qualities for low temp starts. The "cc,cd" specs have been superceded by the higher speced "cf's"etc;the later(higher) the alphabetic letter, the more recent and superior the rating. Seeing as your in Vermont, you need the same low temp performance.If I lived in a warmer climate, I'd use the less expensive "dino" oils available ;)

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK? #4  
I wonder how fast the specs change? Our MF 1523 manual calls for the same thing.

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK?
Thanks guys!:D I appreciate and value your input!

I figured the later letters superseded the earlier ones but there was no way to be sure...
Since I live in VT I agree with Patches assessment; however the tractor will be moving into its newly constructed, heated floors barn before winter so I figure the 15-40 should do it?

Agreed? Other opinions on the 5-40 vs. 15-40 for cold climate?
P.S. I do have a block heater too in case it needs to stay outside overnight in the cold....

Thanks...

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK? #6  
Those API Specs are outdated. Look for CH-4 or CI rated oil these days to be compatible with the ULSD.

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK? #7  
Those API Specs are outdated. Look for CH-4 or CI rated oil these days to be compatible with the ULSD.

Is CG compatible with ULSD?? 10W30 syn diesel oil is hard to find. 5w40 is not though.

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK? #8  
I am using amsoil AME 15W-40 in my CK25 the cost really is not that high if you are buying more then 1 quart at a time. I also use ACD 10W-30/SAE30, both are great oils that are CI-4+ rated. AME has a 40C better then some 5W-40's and a low pour point thats tough to beat. It will flow even in cold temperatures. I stick with AME or ACD myself rather then the newer CJ-4 rated oils for my tractor.

That said Rotella T is a proven oil that is very, very good as well. I can buy either locally so it would be a coin flip for me unless I was shopping at walmart. I would use either with confidence or as mentioned already Delvac.

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK? #9  
from a quick google search revealed that CC was in place prior to 1990 - CF came in 1990 or so..

birna

/ Kioti oil specs API: CC or CD~ Amsoil Diesel OK? #10  
Agreed? Other opinions on the 5-40 vs. 15-40 for cold climate?
P.S. I do have a block heater too in case it needs to stay outside overnight in the cold....

Thanks...

Go with the 5W40, your valve train will love you for it.