Pumping Oil out

/ Pumping Oil out #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Any of you guys ever pump your engine oil out of the filler hole? On the Yanmar engine, it's on the side of the block.

Was trying to drain my oil (first time since I had the tractor) and found the drain plug "welded" in place. There's a sump plate (which the drain plug screws in to), which even after removing the bolts holding it in place...doesn't want to come loose. There's a residue of sealant around the plate. It's tight.

Now, I'm wondering if the previous owner may have epoxied the plate and plug in place. I suppose he could have pumped the oil out through the filler opening. I understand that's how boat engine oil is changed. I don't know why somebody would do this...the tractor is in too nice of shape to to think it was abused.

So, for you boat owners...what kind of pump do you use? Or, any of you tractor owners?

/ Pumping Oil out #2  
Roy, check with your closest Bombardier Sea-Doo dealer. They have a new 4 stroke that has to have the oil pumped and they have the neatest pump to do it. Can't remember the make or model, but I'll check at my brothers tomorrow. (If I can remember)