does a 2" bung swivel connector exist?

/ does a 2" bung swivel connector exist? #1  

HCJ

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 4WD
Does anyone make a connector for a 2" bung on a 55 gal. metal drum that allows a standard hand pump to be installed without spinning the entire pump and hose assembly. In other words, that would allow just dropping in the suction pipe and having a coupling that could be tightened with a wrench to attach the pump itself. The pump has a 2" male threaded nipple, but I have to spin the entire pump, filter assembly, and hose which is a pain. Surely there is a swivel connector available that would simplify this.

/ does a 2" bung swivel connector exist? #2  
I dont know if this is what your after, but have a look around this site, lots of oil delivery type stuff but its probably more than you want to pay.

M. Carder Fuel Oil Delivery Nozzle Swivel

A quick glance found this 2" swivel, but i dont know the tread or if it will work in your situation. But that site may have something.

You might be able to rig up something with a cam lock fitting, would be easier than turning the whole pump, if the tube off the pump will fit thru the coupling. http://www.jmesales.com/category/2114/1/Boss-Lock-Aluminum.aspx

Heres the manufacturers site for the swivel above , unfortunately i could find no reference as to thread type

http://www.mcarder.com/scrapbook/view.nhtml_profile=scrapbook_UID=10007

Good luck, im sure there has to be something out there designed for just this problem.

Just found this : http://www.alemite.com/catalog/details.aspx?identifier=accessories_pumps_bungadapters Would this work?

Last edited:
   / does a 2" bung swivel connector exist?
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/assets/store/catalog/127-128.pdf

This may be the type of bung you are looking for.:D

Another site where you get a close up view. In many cases the bung comes with the pump.:D

Northern Industrial Rotary Hand Pump | Barrel + Hand Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment

Thanks for the reply. These pumps do have a swivel connector. Unfortunately, my Tuthill pump from Northern doesn't have this style. The male 2" threaded nipple is part of the pump itself.

/ does a 2" bung swivel connector exist?
I dont know if this is what your after, but have a look around this site, lots of oil delivery type stuff but its probably more than you want to pay.

M. Carder Fuel Oil Delivery Nozzle Swivel

A quick glance found this 2" swivel, but i dont know the tread or if it will work in your situation. But that site may have something.

You might be able to rig up something with a cam lock fitting, would be easier than turning the whole pump, if the tube off the pump will fit thru the coupling. Boss-Lock Aluminum Quick Couplings

Heres the manufacturers site for the swivel above , unfortunately i could find no reference as to thread type

Brass is Best

Good luck, im sure there has to be something out there designed for just this problem.

Just found this : Bung Adapters - Alemite Would this work?

Thanks. The swivel from Carder sure looks like it would work, but $90. Wow. It looks like excellent quality, but maybe a little overkill for what I need. You would think there would be a cast iron or steel version of this. I may consider that one.

/ does a 2" bung swivel connector exist? #6  
[The male 2" threaded nipple is part of the pump itself./QUOTE]

You may be able to ignore the threaded on nipple and just slide the other type over the suction pipe of your pump.:D

/ does a 2" bung swivel connector exist? #7  
Thanks. The swivel from Carder sure looks like it would work, but $90. Wow. It looks like excellent quality, but maybe a little overkill for what I need. You would think there would be a cast iron or steel version of this. I may consider that one.
I agree the price on those swivels are ridiculous.Brass and aluminum so its non sparking. But thats what happens when youre dealing with specialty stuff thats certified for fuel delivery. Something not specifically for fuel will be much cheaper.

FYI it looks like the bung hole on barrels is actually a buttress thread. But i guess that NPT will fit OK.

What about the cam locks? if it will work you could be up and running for like $20. Check your local Tractor supply or harbour freight, or similar places. Companies make a 2" camlock fitting with the proper Buttress threads too, but theyre more of a specialty and may not be available at your local retailer.

/ does a 2" bung swivel connector exist? #8  
Does anyone make a connector for a 2" bung on a 55 gal. metal drum that allows a standard hand pump to be installed without spinning the entire pump and hose assembly. In other words, that would allow just dropping in the suction pipe and having a coupling that could be tightened with a wrench to attach the pump itself. The pump has a 2" male threaded nipple, but I have to spin the entire pump, filter assembly, and hose which is a pain. Surely there is a swivel connector available that would simplify this.
Can you use a union between the pump and the drum .That's basically what I did on these 2 set ups.