Biodiesel

/ Biodiesel #11  
I've noticed on the pumps around here that they all say "contains between 5% and 20% biodiesel". From what I have read, that is good for the lubricity issue. So can I skip the power service? Also, will this present a problem in the winter? Last winter I had a fuel filter plug up on me, and have wondered if it was due to the biodiesel.

Does anyone know if they have to sell biodiesel in Illinois or do they sell it by choice?
I would not?

/ Biodiesel #12  
So can I skip the power service? Last winter I had a fuel filter plug up on me, and have wondered if it was due to the biodiesel.

I wouldn't either, I use the white bottle in winter and for biodiesel up to B20 I believe it states on the bottle to use twice as much. Filter plugging was due to the cleaning effects of the bio. I've also heard adding stanadyne helps in cold weather too.

/ Biodiesel #14  
Does anyone know if they have to sell biodiesel in Illinois or do they sell it by choice?

Does anyone from Illinois have an answer?

I wouldn't admit to being from Illinios even if I was. :p

I am close, and I am not aware of any mandatory use in Illinios, it is sold by choice since it is such a big Soybean producing state.

/ Biodiesel #15  
I burned about 5 gallons of 20% bio through my tractor during the winter here in NH. I doubled down on the Power Serve and never had any issues even when it was below zero for a couple of weeks. The bio diesel did clean out the tank and now there is some molasses looking stuff at the bottom of the sediment bowl plus some wax buildup that I'm cleaning out of it. Fun stuff...