Tractor
    2202 Kubota

Default will "303" work as a "UDT"

I am seeing a drop in availability locally with UTF, but an increase in "303" "branded fluid. I am travelling further and further to get UTF.

Question: does "303" meet the kubota "UDT" spec so I can buy locally?

thanks!
    http://indianpaintbrushprairie.com/
    50 acres, carbon negative sustainable farm, in process.
    Also, trying to break even in 5 years or less!

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: will "303" work as a "UDT"

read the can.

Many utf fluids I see don't meet sudt specs.. though i hadn't look at plain udt specs.

soundguy

303? Thats the stuff I put on my dashboard

Since I am a fan of Texas Refinery Corporation products, I have poked around their website a bit and discovered it's a very good source of information about different lubricants, such as viscosity and ISO#, intended usages and such. (I am in no way affiliated with TRC, btw.)

Go to their website http://www.texasrefinery.com/ , and look in "Quality Lubricants". They list:
    Cleaners, Solvents, & Degreasers
    Fuel Treatment
    Greases
    Hydraulic Oils & Fluids
    Motor Oils
    Specialty Oils
    Specialty Products
    Transmission Fluids & Gear Lubricants

In each category, there is a list of products and each product has a description and (scroll to the very bottom of the page) a link to specifications for that product.

For example, to get information on "303" fluid, select "Special 303" in "Hydraulic Oils & Fluids". There is a good description of that product there plus a nice list of equipment it is designed to work in and fluids it will replace. It appears that THEIR fluid is a direct replacement for kubota Super UDT. Do all "303" fluids meet Kubota's spec? Maybe...maybe not. You would have to check each brand out individually. As Soundguy says..read the can!