will "303" work as a "UDT"

/ will "303" work as a "UDT" #1  

tsterkel

Bronze Member
Tractor
2202 Kubota
I am seeing a drop in availability locally with UTF, but an increase in "303" "branded fluid. I am travelling further and further to get UTF.

Question: does "303" meet the Kubota "UDT" spec so I can buy locally?

thanks!

/ will "303" work as a "UDT" #2  
read the can.

Many utf fluids I see don't meet sudt specs.. though i hadn't look at plain udt specs.

soundguy

/ will "303" work as a "UDT" #3  
303? Thats the stuff I put on my dashboard:p

/ will "303" work as a "UDT" #4  
Since I am a fan of Texas Refinery Corporation products, I have poked around their website a bit and discovered it's a very good source of information about different lubricants, such as viscosity and ISO#, intended usages and such. (I am in no way affiliated with TRC, btw.)

Go to their website http://www.texasrefinery.com/ , and look in "Quality Lubricants". They list:
Cleaners, Solvents, & Degreasers
Fuel Treatment
Greases
Hydraulic Oils & Fluids
Motor Oils
Specialty Oils
Specialty Products
Transmission Fluids & Gear Lubricants

In each category, there is a list of products and each product has a description and (scroll to the very bottom of the page) a link to specifications for that product.

For example, to get information on "303" fluid, select "Special 303" in "Hydraulic Oils & Fluids". There is a good description of that product there plus a nice list of equipment it is designed to work in and fluids it will replace. It appears that THEIR fluid is a direct replacement for Kubota Super UDT. Do all "303" fluids meet Kubota's spec? Maybe...maybe not. You would have to check each brand out individually. As Soundguy says..read the can! :)