Eureka Fluid Film

/ Eureka Fluid Film #1  

bob1008

Advertiser
Fluid Film is a lanolin based rust/corrosion preventive and lubricant that provides long term protection and lubrication for all metal surfaces. Fluid Film locks out and displaces moisture while lubricating moving parts for extended periods of time. It will not be readily washed off with water, but creates a barrier of protection that continues to work even in the most corrosive of environments. Fluid Film is the worldwide standard for corrosion protection and lubrication.

Both John Deere and Caterpillar use Fluid Film on their heavy equipment before shipment. It sits out in full exposure to salt air, salt water, and rain, and the product continues to work for them.

You can learn more about Fluid Film, and find a dealer near you here,
About Eureka Fluid Film

If I can answer any information, please let me know. We are a new sponsor on this site, and I've become somewhat addicted in a very short time. :)

/ Eureka Fluid Film #2  
I was looking on Fluid Film? | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor in the agriculture section the video shows them spraying fluid film directly to the outside of a combine. Does fluid film provide any UV protection? I can understand recommending it for oxidized paint to restore a shine but I am not completely clear on spraying it on paint that is in good condition. I have sprayed fluid film directly on a painted surface, the product remained tacky. I noticed they recommended spraying it on paint and wiping it like a wax. I'm just wondering how effective fluid film is when used as a coating for paint. Waxing your tractor has come up a number of times on this site so it seems like an obvious question.

My second question would be about rubber swelling. I have not found any reference to fluid films effect on rubber. I have areas in engine compartments that could use a protectant but if it gets on a belt or the hoses I don't want them to swell or stretch. Is there any information on fluid films effect on rubber.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #4  
If I can answer any information, please let me know. We are a new sponsor on this site, and I've become somewhat addicted in a very short time. :)

If this is correct its not spam.

/ Eureka Fluid Film
I was looking on Fluid Film? | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor in the agriculture section the video shows them spraying fluid film directly to the outside of a combine. Does fluid film provide any UV protection? I can understand recommending it for oxidized paint to restore a shine but I am not completely clear on spraying it on paint that is in good condition. I have sprayed fluid film directly on a painted surface, the product remained tacky. I noticed they recommended spraying it on paint and wiping it like a wax. I'm just wondering how effective fluid film is when used as a coating for paint. Waxing your tractor has come up a number of times on this site so it seems like an obvious question.

My second question would be about rubber swelling. I have not found any reference to fluid films effect on rubber. I have areas in engine compartments that could use a protectant but if it gets on a belt or the hoses I don't want them to swell or stretch. Is there any information on fluid films effect on rubber.

Hi Jim,
Thanks very much for your questions.
a) UV Protection: Yes, the "NAS" product does have UV protection. There are probably better products out there to use primarily as a wax. However that being said, I've spoken to hundreds of people that use it as a wax product on their tractors, equipment, and boats. I personally use it as a wax on the hull of my boat, with great results. I've seen pictures on some other forums where people have applied Fluid Film to oxidized equipment, and the results are amazing. Like new? No. But certainly a significant improvement.

I recently spoke to a customer that operates a drilling platform in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. We shipped him 2 drums of NAS. He told me that they have been using Fluid Film 'for as long as I can remember". They coat all of the equipment on the platform with it, and he specifically mentioned the effective UV protection, as well as salt and corrosion protection.

Fluid film goes on wet, and stay's wet. It creates a film barrier to protect the surface. When used as a wax, the product embeds in the pores of the material, and provides protection for significant periods of time.

b) Effects on Rubber- Here is a link to the Tech Data Sheet for Fluid Film NAS.
Fluid Film NAS & AS Technical Data
Effect on Rubber:
ASTM D-471 @ ï½± 158ï½°F 70 hours
None on neoprene, buna-n and most synthetics. Some swelling on natural.

I have dozens of marine service dealers that coat the entire powerhead of both inboard and outboard motors. Many of these have natural rubber hoses. I coat the entire powerhead of both my outboards and I have never noticed any swelling of the natural hose. There may have been some, but not significant enough for me to notice.

Our warehouse is located in a group of old textile mill buildings. One of the mills runs hundreds of very old flatbed knitting machines that are driven by large cams connected by heavy duty rubber belts. The head mechanic has been using Fluid Film on the belts for past 2 years to keep them from drying out, and to keep them pliable. When I get a chance, I'll post a picture.

I appreciate the opportunity to provide any information that is available about Fluid Film. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there are more questions/concerns.

Last edited:
   / Eureka Fluid Film #6  
Thanks for the speedy reply bob. I've read many a PDS I cannot believe I missed that.;)

I see your button is up as a site sponsor.:D I'll be placing an order for one of your kits. I like the 2 gallons, sprayer and 1 aerosol can. I'm just not sure if it will be enough.

I don't want to forget to say thanks for what I consider some valuable information on paint protection.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #7  
Bob and Others,

I purchased some Fluid film at the JD dealer this last weekend. There are obvious uses for this product and I have read the applications section on there website. What I am interested in is what other innovative uses you guys have come up with?

/ Eureka Fluid Film #8  
Years ago my JD dealer gave me a little spray can of FF for free. :D

I buy it buy the gallon now! :eek::D Course a gallon will take me a LONG time to use up! :)

The stuff works as a lube and stopping/preventing rust. I really don't know how. I Put FF on the the box blade teeth which at the moment are leaning on a tree. It really cut down on the rusting. It also helps lube up pins and such when changing 3PH equipment. I use a paint brush to put on the FF.

I still keep a spray can around as well.

Later,
Dan

/ Eureka Fluid Film #9  
Excellent product!! I use it on trailer hitch balls, hitch pins, etc.., it works!!

Also, just saw a post at BITOG today about its use as a metal protector. :D
"Oxidized Paint Jobs
Fluid Film brings back the luster on old, oxidized paint jobs. Spray directly on paint and rub in like a wax."

/ Eureka Fluid Film
Bob and Others,
I purchased some Fluid film at the JD dealer this last weekend. There are obvious uses for this product and I have read the applications section on there website. What I am interested in is what other innovative uses you guys have come up with?

I have a dealer that sells it to a large trailer park in Georgia. They have pails of Fluid Film at the dog "poop stations". He tells me that the dog walkers dip their pooper scoopers in the Fluid Film before they scoop the poop and flick it into the woods. Nothing sticks to the scooper.

Many Veterinarians use Fluid Film as a treatment for ringworm in farm animals.
I once asked a Vet about this when he called our office, and he told me that ringworm is often caused by a lanolin deficiency. Since Fluid Film is lanolin based, and contains no solvents, he said it works well as a treatment, at a fraction of the cost of the pharmaceutical. I have no idea how this came about.