Fueling Station

/ Fueling Station #1  

Charlesaf3

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB
Thought I'd throw up my diesel fueling station pics. Figured it might be useful for other people in the northeast who use oil for heat.

Basicallly, I put a fillrite pump on my existing 250 gallon tank in the basement, and plumbed it out through the basement wall to a female hydraulic quick connect (sized "up") Hose (30 feet or so) connects to male disconnect outside, in case I want to remove it. No real flow slowdown that I've noticed - pump is rated 15 or 20 gpm, and tank of M59 is only 15 gallons, so its more than fast enough.

Piping is black pipe. Fuel is delivered automatically regularly for heat, so just switched it to diesel - I'm buying in bulk because its also the heat and hot water.

First pic is hose outside, second is outside connection and fill, 3rd is fill-rite on tank, 4th is inline filter. Note the disconnects on the inline filter, and the ball valves for drainback into the tank to clear the lines if necessary, so I don't get oil all over the basement changing the filter. I put in powerservice from the exterior.

Makes life a lot easier to have my own filling station, I'm pretty pleased

Attachments

• IMG_3188.JPG
    IMG_3188.JPG
    993.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_3189.JPG
    IMG_3189.JPG
    667.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_3192.JPG
    IMG_3192.JPG
    585.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_3193.JPG
    IMG_3193.JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 257
   / Fueling Station #2  

/ Fueling Station
I imagine mine would get approval, I even get my diesel delivered!

Do you think I should post pictures of my filling station in other threads? :p:D

/ Fueling Station #6  
I imagine mine would get approval, I even get my diesel delivered!

Do you think I should post pictures of my filling station in other threads? :p:D

Yes, I think you should...even if nobody asks...:)

/ Fueling Station #7  
Looking at your setup you did a great job on the plumbing and layout the only thing I would do is put a shutoff switch by the outside quick disconnect,Just in case you have a problem with hose or nozzle.

/ Fueling Station
darn it, I just typed a long message and got a database error and the site lost it? Argg! I need to drink more coffee and I'll retype it

/ Fueling Station #9  
Looking at your setup you did a great job on the plumbing and layout the only thing I would do is put a shutoff switch by the outside quick disconnect,Just in case you have a problem with hose or nozzle.
Couldnt you just unhook the quick connect?

/ Fueling Station #10  
Great timely post for me :)

I work for a heating distributor & today was just looking for an inexpensive pump to do something similar. Nice neat piping job! Better than some of our oil customers do!

Only comment - what's with all the spaggetti water piping?