Diesel 9-1-1 question

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I went to Napa today for some hoses. I asked the counter guy for Stabil for Diesel, and he handed me this. You guys ever hear of it? Any thoughts? Thre tractor is going to be sitting for 6 months or so...

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question #2  
Yup, that's the stuff to use. I use Power Service in the white bottle most of the time and 9-1-1 in the grey bottle for the worst of the winter.

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question #3  
It will work but its really designed for emergencies, hence the 911. Its made to unfreeze fuel lines. I would hold on to it for emergencies and get the PS white or Howse diesel fuel conditioner.

Chris

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question #4  
Power Service White - use during cold weather to prevent diesel from gelling
Power Service Grey - use during warm weather
Power Service 911 - use only when fuel is gelled, contains alcohol (hard on fuel lines)

Both Power Service white and grey adds cetane and stabilizes the fuel.

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question
Thanks Guys. Salesman at Crapa has let me down again.

Will return and get the right stuff. We never get cold enough for jelling here..

Carl

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question #6  
Thanks Guys. Salesman at Crapa has let me down again.

Will return and get the right stuff. We never get cold enough for jelling here..

Carl

thats correct- white or gray will help to do what you want to do. or seafoam.

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question #7  
Power Service 911 - use only when fuel is gelled, contains alcohol (hard on fuel lines)

One thing my BIL (Diesel Mechanic by Trade) has told me is to run a "half dose" of 911 in the fall...Reason being, the alcohol will REMOVE any water thats in the fuel...I actually put my dose of 911 in this past Sunday..

While bottle PS will prevent GELLING of the fuel, but not freezing of any water in the fuel....a little water in the fuel will freeze in the filter/inlets, etc...

Guys with open stations dont have as much of a problem...Fuel tank is under the hood with the engine right there so you got a natural fuel heater...

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question #8  
Your BIL's advise is flawed. The proper way to remove water, is through a water seperator and drain. Emulsified water/alcohol mix in the fuel is a good way to give the injector rebuilders some work. Oh wait...your BIL may have some boat payments to make:p

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question #9  
VW tends to agree with Skyco- apparently "emulsified" water (water mixed with/bonded to alcohol) can cause problems in their diesels, which is why they recommend Stanadyne --or similar-- treatment, which is a "DEmulsifier" (de-emusifier?).

Anyway, it's job is to SEPARATE the water so the fuel filter can trap it to be drained, and that's what they'd rather see done. When using Stanadyne, they suggest that, even if you haven't had water in the fuel filter before, you may well see it after....

/ Diesel 9-1-1 question #10  
How about Lucas, do they make a diesel fuel addative?

My daddy in law a FIRM believer in Lucas! Showing property to a gentleman last week and started talking about my truck issues and he asked if I used Lucas. I said not yet and he said time to start. He's another long time heavy equipment operator.