Snowower bearings grease type?

/ Snowower bearings grease type? #11  
Maxima: "Made in the Tropics for the Tropics." Thats the first sentence written in the PDF. :confused: Could be good for summer use but I hate moving snow when its just too hot.

Nice try ;) Thanks anyway :)

Thats funny :D

/ Snowower bearings grease type? #12  
Maxima: "Made in the Tropics for the Tropics." Thats the first sentence written in the PDF. :confused: Could be good for summer use but I hate moving snow when its just too hot.

Precisely why i bought a tractor with A/C !

SMILEYS-1A.gif

/ Snowower bearings grease type? #13  

Its main point about the tropics is it doesn't wash out when we have a 24" rainfall in 24 hours. :D snow is just rain in a semi-solid form.

/ Snowower bearings grease type? #14  
go to any snowmobile site and check grease for boggie wheels, usually is a lithium based wheel bearing grease and as far as greasing too much use the rule of thumb of once a year if not comercial. I grease my snowblower at start of season and end of season, mostly at end to push out any water.
Bill

/ Snowower bearings grease type? #15  
Its main point about the tropics is it doesn't wash out when we have a 24" rainfall in 24 hours. :D snow is just rain in a semi-solid form.

There isn't possibly a descrepancy between the ambient operating temperatures of a snowblower and machinery used in the tropics that would necessitate changes in lubricant formulation? Talk about picking and chosing what to believe and advocate! Snow by definition is a solid state material, it isn't going to cause much "wash out" till it melts.

/ Snowower bearings grease type? #16  
I agree with Rick. Don't over think it.

Of all parameters to be concerned with, the soap material in the grease should be compatible and maybe chose a lighter weight rather than the standards NLGI #2 or #1. The #0 or #00 will flow better in the cold temps. But having a "cold weather grease" is a pain.

Personally I'd grease it a few times during the first few hours to work my brand of grease into the bearing, and then just follow the recomended schedule.

/ Snowower bearings grease type? #17  
Thought it was worth mentioning my snowblower "experiance" that happened many years ago. I had picked up a used Simplicity. Looked to be in good shape and all. I took it home and it quit blowing within a minute or two of operation. I walked around the front to see oil all over the place and my tine gearbox split in half!

Seems that there was no mean of lubricating the shaft that the tines rotated on and the tines had rusted fast!

The machine had been on consignment. The dealership was nice enough to sell me the parts at cost. After that though, once a year I pulled the tines out and cleaned and lubricated the shaft. And, I just used plain old lithium grease.