harvest king hydraulic fluid

/ harvest king hydraulic fluid #1  

david76

Tractor
X595,X728,X749
Who makes Harvest King lubricants? Can the Harvest King Hydraullic fluid supposedly designed for JD tractors and meeting J20A specs be used as an acceptable alternative to Hygard Low Vis? 6.50 per gallon vs 15.55 makes me want to look at an alternative.

/ harvest king hydraulic fluid #2  
If it says it meets the proper specs, then it's OK to use.

/ harvest king hydraulic fluid #3  
I buy Harvest King at Rural King all the time. From the research I have done the best I can tell it is made and bottled by Citgo. Makes sense because this is the primary brand of oil that Rural King sales.

Chris

/ harvest king hydraulic fluid #4  
ditto what mikepa said.

read the jug.. if it meets or exceeds the specs of your oem oil .. you are good to go.

soundguy

/ harvest king hydraulic fluid #5  
FYI, Citgo is the Venezuelan govt owned oil company. If you really want to support Hugo Chavez, go ahead.

/ harvest king hydraulic fluid #6  
use the harvest king in my kioti dk45s and it foamed after only fifty hours

/ harvest king hydraulic fluid #8  
Some people may have success with Harvest King, but I would rather use the equipment manufacturer's oil even if it costs a little more.

Do you really need low viscosity? It seems to me the reason low viscosity would cost so much is because hardly anybody buys it.

/ harvest king hydraulic fluid #10  
Some people may have success with Harvest King, but I would rather use the equipment manufacturer's oil even if it costs a little more.

heck.. I'd use oem oil if it only 'costs a little more' too.. but it don't.. it usually costs ALOT more.. like as in MULTIPLES more.. :) over 80$ a pail at my dealers last time I checked.. every now and then tractor supply has 5g for 30 and 6g oversized pails for 35$.. hard to beet them prices.. heck.. i'd rather buy 2 pails of the cheap and change twice as often as the good stuff.. in the end the add package on the cheap is likely still near new if you are changing at half interval.. and you have the benefit of getting debri and contaminates out mid year.. and STILL have a money savings... heck.. almost get 3 changes 90$ vs 80$ :(

soundguy