Deere oil vs. amsoil

/ Deere oil vs. amsoil #21  
I have not looked at a container of deere plus 50 oil or the plus 50-II, but last I did, there was no API label of approval neither......I also read on this very oil, fuel and lubricants forum that deere knew there oils were good having other oil companies formulate the stuff for deere, be it the refined dinosaur tar from chevron, esso or who ever from there known stock. Deere did not see the need to pay for the little circle of approval. These oil debates....... good for responces:D

I just bought some Deere plus 50 --not the Plus 50 II--and it did indeed have the API rating on it. Can't imagine them going without--JD farm guys are way to particular.

/ Deere oil vs. amsoil #23  
Interesting posts here. Would like to add something that maybe some could use. The bulk of base oils for the North American market are made by only a few companies. All the labels you see on the shelf are oils blended from virtually the same base oil producers and add pack producers. Motiva (base oil) and Infineum (add packs) are the largest producers. Now that being said, I can get an equivalent JD oil from a local oil supplier, under their label, for almost 50% cheaper than paying for the little deer on the bottle. Same is true for Rotella vs oil supplier label. Some here may want to make a few calls to local oil suppliers and see if they can get products than meet their own needs and at the same time save a grip of cash. It is a little more important to me, since I go thru about 110 gallons of DEO a year. On a side note, since I started using my oil supplier's brand of synthetic blend (40% synthetic), my wear numbers on my Cummins ISX had almost dropped in half compared to Amsoil or Schaeffer. And I get the product for $9 a gallon. May not work for everyone, but check out those local oil suppliers in your area.

/ Deere oil vs. amsoil
The blend of oil you are getting from your supplier for $9 a gallon that is giving you better wear analysis is it a "custom" propriety blend of there own mixing? I'm guessing the amount of oil you do in a year its also bought in bulk they deliver by truck, or by the barrel. That also helps with per gallon price:D

/ Deere oil vs. amsoil #25  
If every oil under a private label where equal there would be no need for PQIA.:thumbsup: Which was started by oil jobbers.

You can read about it on Jobbers World.

JobbersWorld Online
The Petroleum Quality Institute of America

To recap a survey they performed.

artwor124.jpg