Mahindra Filters 3215 gear

/ Mahindra Filters 3215 gear #1  

s78wingrider

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 gear
I got some numbers from an older post here for oil and hydraulic filter. They were, oil filter, Wix 51348 that I found crosses over to Fram ph 3614 or napa 1348. I used the fram and it worked. I crossed wix number for hydraulic filter I found here to napa and it was wrong. I will try and find right one and repost. Aaron

/ Mahindra Filters 3215 gear #2  
Wix makes Napa's filters (All? Most?) and to cross from Wix to Napa #, just drop the first digit e.g. Wix 51348 becomes Napa 1348. If the Wix==>Napa conversion was right, might be that the original info was incorrect.

I looked at Wix site, did not see 3215 listed:

WIX Filters : Filter Look-Up

/ Mahindra Filters 3215 gear #3  
I looked at Wix site, did not see 3215 listed:
The do list a 3015, which uses a WIX 51663 (NAPA 1663) filter - dunno why they don't list the 3215... :confused: See if you can get the OEM filter number and do a cross-reference at the WIX site RavensRoost posted.

/ Mahindra Filters 3215 gear
They told me yesterday to bring filter and they would mic it and check treads. They said they have a book for this. Aaron

/ Mahindra Filters 3215 gear #5  
They told me yesterday to bring filter and they would mic it and check treads. They said they have a book for this. Aaron

They can get the physical properties OK -- thread size/pitch and gasket ID/OD -- but they will be guessing on filter properties...but any filter is better than none at all.

Just in case, are there any numbers on the existing filter? Wix and other sites are good at crossing OEM to their filter #'s.