Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

Default Re: Opti-Lube XPD

After reading the research project I started using #11 on that list and the diesels do not hammer near as much. It is hard to tell about fuel usage

#11 is each to find at WM and compares well at $1.97 for 16 oz which is just right for a new tank of fuel at the 1:128 ratio we use.

It is the TC-W3 rated Super Tech 2 Cycle TC-W3 Engine Oil. Our old engines was designed expecting high sulfur diesel fuel.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Quote Originally Posted by lilranch2001 View Post
    I received my Opti-Lube XPD today, and mixed it into 5 gal of fuel, I do not know if I am imagining it or not, but the motor seems quieter.
    I ran it for 3 hours tonight and it seems like a different tractor.

I had 70 hours on it when I put it in, do you thing I would have done any damage not having any additive for the first 70 hours?
    I think you are imagining things.

Look at what your tractor says about fuel. I doubt that it even mentions additives (mine doesn't), except to say that it might void your warranty.

Additives are a "cottage industry" for former snake oil salesmen. They like to scare people into using them, or attribute miracles to the use of the product, better mileage, longer and quieter engine lives, cures baldness, increases your length and stamina, etc.

I do however use Opti-Lube XPD for one reason - as a lubricant when using #1 diesel in the winter. #1 diesel does not begin to gel until the temperature reaches -40 F. Since I have seen it get that cold where I live, I run straight #1 diesel in the winter. The reason why #1 doesn't gel in the winter is because it lacks much lubricating paraffin. I put Opti-Lube in the #1 diesel to improve lubrication (Opti-Lube has a very low pour point (-40F)). I don't use any Opti-Lube in the summer when I am using #2 diesel, because #2 has plenty of pariffin lubricant.

Also I don't notice any difference in the noise level with, or without Opti-Lube.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by smfcpacfp View Post
    I think you are imagining things.

Also I don't notice any difference in the noise level with, or without Opti-Lube.
    maybe you are deaf

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

maybe you are deaf
    Even without my hearing aids I could tell the TC-W3 Wal-mart oil made things quiter. Not sure why.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    tc- 29d

I run opti lube and think it helps on noise.
    dqdave1; tc-29D; woods 7500 bh; 7308 fel, land pride tiller, land pride rake, gill pulverizer, 60"mmm. , bucket forks , MZ16H

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

I received my Opti-Lube XPD today, and mixed it into 5 gal of fuelI ran it for 3 hours tonight and it seems like a different tractor.

I had 70 hours on it when I put it in, do you thing I would have done any damage not having any additive for the first 70 hours?
    No.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

maybe you are deaf
    I can't dispute that the fact, that could be an issue.
    Last edited by smfcpacfp; 05-30-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Gold Member

I use OptiLube year round in the tractor, since I don't get enough hours to ensure the summer diesel is used up before the winter diesel is needed-- I also always keep the tank topped up so that there is minimal to no condensation (that answers the question, why not just run the summer down and refill?).

The Optilube in my diesel truck quiets the engine, otherwise I don't notice any difference. No miracle 100mpg improvement... I started using the OptiLube when ULSD came out just in case of supply chain problems.
    TN70a EHSS 16x16, FWD, road transmission, open station with tilt, R4 w/810TL MSL FEL soft ride option, FOPS
    MF1040 w/MF1016 FEL, FWD, R1s, frozen clutch...
    I do know everything, just not all at once. It's a virtual memory problem.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

How does this technically reduce the engine noise? I use the WM TC-W3 2- cycle marine oil because it performed well compared to Opti-Lube XPD and is handy and comes the size that works for me and has a lower price point.

Even without my hearing aids I can hear it lowers the noise level.

It seems like if they added the proper amount of lube prepump then these after market aids would not be required?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    CK30HST

ok i'm not joking here, although i do sometimes. i am just a click away form getting a gallon of optilube xpd, but i'm looking at the #1, biodiesel. Why am I thinking adding some canola/olive/crisco oil from Walmart will be just as good as $60 worth of optilube?

Mike

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast