Opti-Lube XPD

/ Opti-Lube XPD #11  
After reading the research project I started using #11 on that list and the diesels do not hammer near as much. It is hard to tell about fuel usage

#11 is each to find at WM and compares well at $1.97 for 16 oz which is just right for a new tank of fuel at the 1:128 ratio we use.

It is the TC-W3 rated Super Tech 2 Cycle TC-W3 Engine Oil. Our old engines was designed expecting high sulfur diesel fuel. :)

/ Opti-Lube XPD #12  
I received my Opti-Lube XPD today, and mixed it into 5 gal of fuel, I do not know if I am imagining it or not, but the motor seems quieter.
I ran it for 3 hours tonight and it seems like a different tractor.

I had 70 hours on it when I put it in, do you thing I would have done any damage not having any additive for the first 70 hours?

I think you are imagining things.

Look at what your tractor says about fuel. I doubt that it even mentions additives (mine doesn't), except to say that it might void your warranty.

Additives are a "cottage industry" for former snake oil salesmen. They like to scare people into using them, or attribute miracles to the use of the product, better mileage, longer and quieter engine lives, cures baldness, increases your length and stamina, etc.

I do however use Opti-Lube XPD for one reason - as a lubricant when using #1 diesel in the winter. #1 diesel does not begin to gel until the temperature reaches -40 F. Since I have seen it get that cold where I live, I run straight #1 diesel in the winter. The reason why #1 doesn't gel in the winter is because it lacks much lubricating paraffin. I put Opti-Lube in the #1 diesel to improve lubrication (Opti-Lube has a very low pour point (-40F)). I don't use any Opti-Lube in the summer when I am using #2 diesel, because #2 has plenty of pariffin lubricant.

Also I don't notice any difference in the noise level with, or without Opti-Lube.

/ Opti-Lube XPD #14  
   / Opti-Lube XPD #15  
I run opti lube and think it helps on noise.

/ Opti-Lube XPD #16  
I received my Opti-Lube XPD today, and mixed it into 5 gal of fuelI ran it for 3 hours tonight and it seems like a different tractor.

I had 70 hours on it when I put it in, do you thing I would have done any damage not having any additive for the first 70 hours?
No.
larry

/ Opti-Lube XPD #18  
I use OptiLube year round in the tractor, since I don't get enough hours to ensure the summer diesel is used up before the winter diesel is needed-- I also always keep the tank topped up so that there is minimal to no condensation (that answers the question, why not just run the summer down and refill?).

The Optilube in my diesel truck quiets the engine, otherwise I don't notice any difference. No miracle 100mpg improvement... I started using the OptiLube when ULSD came out just in case of supply chain problems.

/ Opti-Lube XPD #19  
How does this technically reduce the engine noise? I use the WM TC-W3 2- cycle marine oil because it performed well compared to Opti-Lube XPD and is handy and comes the size that works for me and has a lower price point.

Even without my hearing aids I can hear it lowers the noise level.

It seems like if they added the proper amount of lube prepump then these after market aids would not be required?

/ Opti-Lube XPD #20  
ok i'm not joking here, although i do sometimes. i am just a click away form getting a gallon of optilube xpd, but i'm looking at the #1, biodiesel. Why am I thinking adding some canola/olive/crisco oil from Walmart will be just as good as $60 worth of optilube?

Mike