Injector cleaner

/ Injector cleaner #1  

Trainer

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 220-4
What is a good injector cleaner for a gasoline engine (GM pickup) that can be added to the gasoline tank? I have used Gumout and STP . May be wasting my money, don't know.

/ Injector cleaner #2  
If you have a Duramax Diesel that you are trying to fix the injectors on forget it. Go to the dealer and get them to repair/replace them. They are known to be problems.

Gasoline is simple. If you live in a state without Ethanol you can use Seafoam with good results. Sorry about the diesel comment. Didn't see that originally.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Injector cleaner #3  
What is a good injector cleaner for a gasoline engine (GM pickup) that can be added to the gasoline tank? .

Some thing leads me to beleive that this is a gas pickup. :confused2::confused2:

/ Injector cleaner #4  
Lucas Fuel Treatment is good,many folks like Seafoam as well.Regular use shouldn't be necessary.Gasoline has been additized since 1996,since the onset of fuel injection.For complete injector cleaning,OTC and BG offer cleaning treatments.Are you having problems or doing preventative maint?

/ Injector cleaner
This is preventive maintenance.

/ Injector cleaner #6  
That little tall bottle of Lucas 4oz once or twice a year should be sufficient. Visit your local auto parts store to find it.Good Luck

/ Injector cleaner #7  
Well what you want is a product that contains PEA (PolyEther Amine) it's one of the main well established cleaners in these products that works and works well,do a web search(MSDS) if you need more info.

some products that have good slugs of PEA are.....

*Gumout Regane (30-40% PEA content based on published MSDS data; about $5 for 12oz. bottle)
* Redline SI-1 (30-50% PEA based on MSDS data; about $9 for 15oz. bottle)
* Amsoil Performance Improver (28-37% PEA based on MSDS data; $10 for 12oz. bottle)
* BG Products 44K (unknown PEA content since they reformulated unclear on the %).

most other products you find in the shelf are crap,mostly kerosene base carriers that do nothing.

/ Injector cleaner #8  
+1 on daman he is spot on, some of the chevron concentrated had the PEA but they have been juggling formulations lately

/ Injector cleaner #9  
+1 on daman he is spot on, some of the chevron concentrated had the PEA but they have been juggling formulations lately
Yup...

/ Injector cleaner #10  
I look slack jawed at the tiny containers of LUCAS stuff for $5 or so next to the identical stuff in near liter containers for say 2.4 times as much money.

Mike