Changed hydraulic fluid/filters today ...

/ Changed hydraulic fluid/filters today ... #1  

piller

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HD ROPS
I did a real nice job changing the hydraulic fluid and filters in my tractor today, used 15 gallons of Kubota SUDT (expensive), new fluid on the dipstick is nice clear and clean. Started to think about it and realized that I have old hydraulic fluid in my FEL and in the hydraulic system of my bush hog. :(

And of course whenever I rent an attachment with hydraulic hookups who knows what's in there that's going to mix in with my system.

So do I just forget about it? Is there a way to change the hydraulic fluid in attachments?

/ Changed hydraulic fluid/filters today ... #2  
Old saying: dilution is the solution for pollution.

Since the overwhelming majority of the fluid will be new, the percentage of the old will be small, volume wise. I wouldn't worry too much. It is always mixing. Next fluid change, same thing. I suppose you could drain the implements by loosing connections? Gravity drain. Doubt you'd get it all, as in every last drop anyhow.

On my wife's Honda, the trans fluid gets changed annually. However, only 1/3 of the fluid flows at any given "drain". But over the last 11 years, I have changed, and changed, and changed. 10 times. Not worried.