June 1, 2010 - Off Road ULSD

/ June 1, 2010 - Off Road ULSD #2  
I'm surprised at your off road percentage. From what I hear, they all come from the same stock, so it's all ULSD.

My guess would be that the 80% is the difference between what is officially reported, and reality. The bureaucrats probably want some expensive certification before they believe it.

Ken

/ June 1, 2010 - Off Road ULSD
Contaminated On Road ULSD is always sold as Off Road LSD.....

Most PADD districts are served by pipelines from various refineries, but many are forced to rely on barges, ships, and trucks.

Any minute ppm sulfur contamination of ULSD diesel fuels by any of these means of transportation results in the contaminated ULSD becoming instant Off Road diesel fuel.

/ June 1, 2010 - Off Road ULSD #6  
1*80% of all Off Road diesel fuel is ULSD.
1*What is the other 20 percent?

I'm surprised at your off road percentage.
2*From what I hear, they all come from the same stock, so it's all ULSD.
3*My guess would be that the 80% is the difference between what is officially reported, and reality..Ken
[/quote]
2*Yor are correct in my book
3*I think the 20 percent is from left over stock of non ULSD that hasen't been used / sold yet.
Once these tanks become empty they will be refiled with ULSD because that is all they are making. now.

contaminated with what.
4*Like if they mix a new batch of ULSD in with LSD?
4*How can That happen When all they are making now is ULSD ?????

Most PADD districts are served by pipelines from various refineries, but many are forced to rely on barges, ships, and trucks.
5*Any minute ppm sulfur contamination of ULSD diesel fuels by any of these means of transportation results in the contaminated ULSD becoming instant Off Road diesel fuel.
5*I don't see how you can Mix 2 different fuels when all they make is one? as you said so your self.

4*How can That happen When all they are making now is ULSD ?????

5*I don't see how you can Mix 2 different fuels when all they make is one? as you said so your self.

1- The other 20% is NOT ULSD.

4- They are NOT.

5- They are NOT.

Last edited:
   / June 1, 2010 - Off Road ULSD #8  
we talking heating oil as the mix?

soundugy

We are talking locomotive and marine diesel fuel as the mix, as well as heating fuels, each of which have thousands of ppm of sulfur, easily grossly contaminating 15ppm ULSD.

"Diesel fuel is sent through shared pipelines in “batches.” Because these batches are not physically separated in the pipeline, some mixing or “commingling” of products occurs. This mixing is why the quality of the diesel fuel and other products must be tested as they enter and leave the pipeline to make sure they meet appropriate specifications. Whenever the product fails to meet local, State, or Federal product specifications, it must either be removed and trucked back to a refinery for further processing, or sold as a different product."