No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #1  

PTFarmer

Tractor
Kubota L3010HST W/FEL
My dealer dosn't stock any Kubota fluids, he says its a waste of money. He only sells Massey Fergison Permatran III. He says it's good stuff and @ 32.00 for 5 gals. it is much cheaper than kubota. He puts it in all the new tractors he sells. Just wanted to pass this on. Maybe save you some money.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #2  
By golly that's what my Kubota dealer said too! They use a Union 76 heavy equipment hydraulic fluid in all of their heavy machinery. I don't remember the product's exact name but, got the specs for the Union 76 hydraulic fluid and compared them to what we are suppose to use as best I could and they seemed okay. The price was about what you paid. I have 200 hours on my B7500 and it seems to be running just fine.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #3  
...Let me make sure that I understand correctly. When a fellow buys a brand new Kubota tractor from this guy, it will NOT come with SuperUDT in it? I wonder what Kubota's take is on that.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #4  
No one seems to be able to come up with any API specs for Super UDT from what I've seen in this forum. What makes you think Kubota is running anything other than a generic hytran fluid? What is the difference, a little dye so they have a way to piss back warranty claims? Do they have to run special friction modifiers so the brakes work right? It would sure be nice to know, just for GP.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #5  
My dealer gave me a couple pages of literature on UDT, Super UDT and AW Hydraulic. He uses UDT and recommends it, says some people feel the need for Super UDT, and that the AW Hydraulic 46 is something new to him.
The sheets make it hard to make direct comparisons because of properties being listed at different temperatures for the different products. I'll try to post the info:

Both UDT and Super UDT are called multipurpose all-weather tractor hydraulic fluids. They are listed for use in hydraulic, final drive, transmission, differential, and wet brake applications.

Both are "recommended where the following are specified:"

Allis Chalmers - PF821, Part #'s 9003088, 9003089, 9003090, 9003091

Allison - C-3 & C-4

Caterpillar - TO-2

J.I. Case / David Brown - MS-1210, MS-12006, JC143, JIC144, JIC145

John Deere - 303, J14C, J20A, J20C

Ford Select-O-Speed - M2C41B, M2C48B, M2C53A, M2C86A, and M2C134D, C, B, & A

International Harvester - Hy-Tran Fluid, Specification B-6 and superseded B-5

Kubota - Hydraulic / Transmission Fluid

Massey-Ferguson - M-1110, M-1127A&B, M1129A, M1135, Permatran III

Steiger - Hydraulic / Transmission Fluid

Versatile - Gear / Hydraulic / Wet Brake Oil

White Universal Hydraulic / Transmission Fluid - Part #'s Q-1776, 30-310-5695, 30-310-5717

White Oliver - Typ5 (sic?)

Only the Super has the following notes:
*Reduced warmup time for operation in cold weather
*Improves efficiency in synchro and glide shift transmissions
*Fully intercahngeable with standard UDT fluids
*Provides high performance protection even at high operating temperatures
*Meets Kubota's stringent Specifications

Properties listed for UDT are:
Gravity, degree API 29.5
Viscosity @ -30°C, cP 18,300
Viscosity @100°C, cSt 9.5
Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt 60.0
Viscosity Index 140
Pour Point, C° max -35
Zinc, % wt. 0.12

For Super UDT:
Specific Gravity @-15.6° .0877
Viscosity @ 25°C, cSt 84
Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt 9.00
Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt 45
Pour Point, C° max -46
Zinc % wt. 0.17

The AW Hydraulic 46 is a different animal. The verbage at the heading of the sheet reads as follows:

Kubota AW Hydraulic oil is formulated for use in hydraulic systems employing high performance pumps. It is an all-weather, non-detergent oil with excellent oxidation and demulsibility characteristics containing rust and foam inhibitors. Kubota AW Hydraulic 46 hydraulic oils maintain a typical viscosity index of 95 throughout the line incorporating highly effective zinc anti-wear chemistry with petroleum basestocks. It has passed the Rust Test ASTM D-665 Procedure A&B.

The excellent demulsibility of Kubota AW 46 proves highly useful in mobile equipment applications. Other suitable applications (of proper gardes) include lubrication of machine tools, servo controls, metalworking equipment, as light duty crankcase oils, circulating systems, bearings/journals (anti-friction) and gear cases.

Approvals:
Cincinnati Milacron P-70
Sperry Vickers I-286-S & M2950-S
Denison HF-1/HF-2/HF-0
Racine variable volume vane pumps
Lee Norse 100-1
ASLE 150-215-315 AW
U.S. Steel 136/127
DIN 51524, Part 2
Jeffery 87
Ford M-6C32
AFNOR E48-603
General Motors LH-04-1, LH-06-1, LH-15-1
Joy Mining Machinery HO-T, HO-S, HO-T2

API Gravity @60°F (YES, "F") 30.2
Viscosity @ 40°C, cSt 46.0
Viscosity @ 100°C, cSt 6.6
Color 1.5
Pour Point °F (Yup, "F") -20
Flash Point - COC °F 400
Fire Point - COC °F 450
Oxidation Test ASTM D-943 2500
to a 2.0 Neut., No. Hrs.

In a clean, dry condition, this oil will typically exceed 30kv when tested by ASTM D-877 Dielectric Breakdown of Insulating Liquids

Gawrsh, I think I'm getting carpal tunnel from this post. Sorry for the length, but mebbe some of you smarter guys can interpret and inform the rest of us................chim

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #6  
Just another stick in the spokes. Shell Donax TD Premium tansmission-hydraulic-wet brake fluid is recommended to replace Kubota UDT fluid according to my 2002 Shell Lubricants Handbook.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #7  
I could not agree more. There are many questions.
How does it differ from UDT. Is it only needed in colder climates?

I was not trying to say that there was anything wrong with the fluid that the dealer was using. ...but Kubota tends to frown when the owner starts changing the fluids in the unit during warranty period. It really throws a spin on things when you buy the unit brand new, and it comes from the dealer with non-Kubota fluids.

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #8  
Thanks for that long post chim. I've been wondering about it also and along with the 46. Can't imagine myself trying to type all that though. WOW! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Darin

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #9  
Same here, went to my dealer to purchase UDT for my 50 hr service. He sells only New Holland fluid

/ No Kubota UDT or Super UDT for me #10  
Guarantee you that I'd have used a scanner if I had one. I only use a couple or three fingers on each hand, and that's when I get rolling. Since there seems to be a lack of info available, it seemed worthwhile doing...............chim