Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather?

/ Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather? #1  

Hematite

Gold Member
I filled the tractor up with Winter blend Diesel last Fall in the event that I might need to use it during the Winter. I have used it very little up till now and the weather has turned VERY hot. Should I drain the fuel out and put regular Diesel back in or is it safe to just burn up the Winter blend?:confused:

/ Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather? #3  
It's the same stuff, no worries.

At worst, add a little Power Service, but it shouldn't even need that.

My supplier has told me they no longer blend winter fuel due to the regs on sulfer etc..... It's up to the customer to treat it for cold weather. I add 1 gallon of Power Service to each delivery and this is the first year that I had no gelling issues.:thumbsup:

/ Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather?
This is pump Diesel (ULSD) that I bought in November so it may have been blended with kerosene. I suspect that the engine power might be down if I use it instead of regular Diesel but I was just worried that it might have lower Cetane.
I always dope my fuel up with Power Service about double what they recomend so it does have a double dose of white PS in it. Will that make a difference?

/ Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather? #5  
You'll never notice a difference.

/ Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather? #6  
I buy my fuel in the winter only, 300 gallons at a time. I run it year round for 7 years with no issues.

Chris

/ Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather? #7  
In my area of West Virginia, "Winter Blend" used to be 25% Kerosene and 75% Diesel. Now a days, it's Diesel Fuel and an additive.

With a kero. and diesel blend, you could see a little lose of hp and economy due to the fact that kero doesn't have the btu's that diesel does.

I doubt you'll see any difference (I don't) with today's "store bought" winter fuels vs. summer fuel.

Burn it, it won't hurt a thing.

My :2cents: worth!

/ Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather? #8  
I always dope my fuel up with Power Service about double what they recomend so it does have a double dose of white PS in it. Will that make a difference?

Won't make a difference but you're wasting your PS ;)

/ Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather?
That's good news about not having to drain it and refill it! :D

Somewhere along the line I was told that it was a good idea to double the dose of PS. I haven't been using enough fuel that it has become costly but, if that's not a good idea, maybe I'll just add the recommended amount.

/ Can Winter blend Diesel be used in hot weather? #10  
This is pump Diesel (ULSD) that I bought in November so it may have been blended with kerosene. I suspect that the engine power might be down if I use it instead of regular Diesel but I was just worried that it might have lower Cetane.

Keresene has more cetane than diesel fuel-just use it.No worries!