JD polyurea not compatable with other greases?

/ JD polyurea not compatable with other greases? #1  

bilrus61

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 4200
So that is what everyone says. What happens IF you mix them? Say you have Moly grease on a U-joint and you pump in some JD polyurea.....does it explode, turn to acid, emit a deadly gas, become radioactive or what exactly? I would think you would still have grease in there even is it didn't mix the best in the world. JD says it is their "factory grease" so I would guess all JD stuff is shipped with it in the zerks. I would imagine that there is a lot of Deere equipment that is getting a different lithium grease pumped in on top of the factory polyurea without any issues. Anyone care to give a comment on the incompatable issue?

/ JD polyurea not compatable with other greases? #3  

Grease compatibility chart:

Typically, incompatible greases will either harden up or get very runny.

Attachments

• grease_compatibility_chart.pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 790
   / JD polyurea not compatable with other greases? #4  
While I totally agree there are compability issues with certian greases and others, IMO in the grand scale of things, on items like loader pins, etc... the problem isnt usally mixing grease...its not greasing enough!

All that aside, most if not all all those compatiblity issues were with the "first generation" ployurea greases..the current gen Polyurea's are much more friendly with other greases. I use the JD Polyurea in everything....There is no other grease here on my property.

According to JD, its compatible with most other greases...
https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/document/english/pmac/8180_fb_GreaseSpecialMultiPurpose.htm#_Multi-purpose_SD_polyurea_1

/ JD polyurea not compatable with other greases? #5  
While I totally agree there are compability issues with certian greases and others, IMO in the grand scale of things, on items like loader pins, etc... the problem isnt usally mixing grease...its not greasing enough!

All that aside, most if not all all those compatiblity issues were with the "first generation" ployurea greases..the current gen Polyurea's are much more friendly with other greases. I use the JD Polyurea in everything....There is no other grease here on my property.

According to JD, its compatible with most other greases...
https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/document/english/pmac/8180_fb_GreaseSpecialMultiPurpose.htm#_Multi-purpose_SD_polyurea_1

X2. Hands down the best grease that I've ever used on blade mandrels. Started using it after following the previous extensive thread on this subject. If compatibility has been a problem, I'm not aware of it. :thumbsup:

Jim

/ JD polyurea not compatable with other greases? #6  
I too use it for all my fittings. JD manual stated it was factory grease. I looked at as they could use anything they wanted so they must have confidence in it. If it was good enough for the factory to use it then it would surely be suitable for my needs.

/ JD polyurea not compatable with other greases? #7  
The Poly-Ureas are pretty fair products all right, and a little extra greasing for a time or two will purge the old grease out good enough to avoid any mixing problems. Chevrons Black Pearl grease is a very good Poly Urea. but they caution to not combine it with other greases, or do a purge.

/ JD polyurea not compatable with other greases? #8  
A few years back, I researched this to the point of calling JD engineers. There might be some old posts about it. JD polyurea mixes with other JD greases with no problems. To make double dog sure, I intermixed some myself and guess what? No problems.
That polyurea is one sticky grease and great for heavy loaded bearings..

/ JD polyurea not compatable with other greases? #9  
Bringing this thread back to life with a question..

I have been using Green Grease without any issues.. BUT I find that it takes quite a few pumps on the MMM spindles until is filled..

I am thinking of going with the JD polyurea - Is it compatible with Green Grease (lithium complex - based on an email to the mfg yrs ago)? looking at the compatibility chart i am not sure which of the polyurea ones it is..

Brian

/ JD polyurea not compatable with other greases? #10  
Polyurea grease has a general reputation of NOT mixing well with other greases.
Deere polyurea, their top of the line grease, does indeed mix with other greases of their own Deere brand.
See my earlier post in this thread. I called Deere engineers just to be sure.
This was a very complex issue as I looked into it and I decided that I would simply not mix brands and types of grease.