Bargain Harbor Freight barrel pump.....

/ Bargain Harbor Freight barrel pump..... #11  
100_2376.jpg

This is what I use to connect A pump to a drum

/ Bargain Harbor Freight barrel pump..... #12  
Long story short, the threads on the HF barrel pump outlet are some sort of funky fine metric thread instead of the coarse 3/4" pipe thread that seems to be standard with pumps / hoses making it just about impossible to stick a fuel hose on it. Barrel Pump

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Cut the other thread off and get a 3/4" NPTdie and thread it.

/ Bargain Harbor Freight barrel pump..... #13  
Cut the other thread off and get a 3/4" NPTdie and thread it.

+1 seems like the obvious solution to me...

infact go back to HF and get the 3 piece pipe threading kit and use it. (it works fine)

/ Bargain Harbor Freight barrel pump..... #14  
it is nifty looking ain't it. they even have a big manual one on a pedistal.. and an electric drive for it too. I was just there this weekend picking one of their 9.99$ 4.5" angle grinders ( limit1 ) just to have a backup... also finally splurged on a 3/4" drive air impact gun. it was marked down, and I had another 20% coupon. My 1/2" gun was just not up to the duty of taking the 1+" fasteners off my big tractors power adjust rims when I wanted to adjust them...

soundguy

/ Bargain Harbor Freight barrel pump.....
All is good....

I bit the bullet and I just picked up a 100 gallon (TSC) transfer tank and GPI piston pump (I also added a Goldenrod water block canister filter). In addition I took my el-cheepo HF pump to a buddy's house and we tapped the outlet to 3/4" pipe thread which matches the hose / filter on the GPI pump. I boxed the HF pump up and put it back on a shelf to use as a spare should the GPI pump fail.

And there you go.....

/ Bargain Harbor Freight barrel pump..... #16  
at least you have a working soloution and alternative.

the water block canister is a good deal. will pay for itself in 'avoided headaches...'

soundguy

/ Bargain Harbor Freight barrel pump..... #17  
I own that HF barrel pump you pictured. It cost me 11$ about 5 years ago. All you do is go to the home depot and buy the standard clear w/braid, vinyl PVC or whatever it was tube there that is precut to 12' lengths. Slip it on the spout of the pump, add a hose clamp on the barrel pump end and then use a stab fitting plus pipe cap and hose clamp on the fill end. These hoses are rated for many chemicals including petroleums.

Works great and no need to invest 100s of dollars into a transfer pump.