Pneumatic Grease Gun

/ Pneumatic Grease Gun
Saved some money and got the manual Lincoln for now.

Hydraulic in the future :thumbsup:

/ Pneumatic Grease Gun #12  
I've owned two lincoln greese guns and returned both of them. I've also tried quite a few others, from no name cheapy brands to Craftsman with just about the same results. They start out fine, but quickly start to have issues. When I grease my backhoe, I go through 2 1/2 tubes of grease. If I run it every day, that's a lot of grease in just one week!!!!

For the occasional use, it's probably fine, but for every day use, it and all the other air operated grease guns that use a tube cartridge are just not worth the effort that it takes to keep them working. I've spent hours playing with the greast to get out air pockets, and have just given up

Fighting the hose is one thing, but having to open them up to get out the air pockets is just too frustrating.

Right now I have two manual grease guns. I bought one called Lucas from Home Depot that i REALLY LIKE. Of my two guns, one has a flexible hose, the other a solid line. The solid line is much faster and easier, but obvioulsy can't get to the hard to get fittings. I've found that I can grease my backho or other tractors just as fast with the manual grease guns as I can with the time it took to get the hose out, play around the priming and messing with the air guns, but with a lot less frustration.

I have been debating the battery grease guns. I understand that they have more pressure and are more reliable because they operate on a screw type method that pushes the grease out. There are several brands out there and Lincoln is either as good, or almost as good as the others. I just haven't been able to justify the cost of it when the manual guns work so well.

Before spending the money, have you tried using a solid tube? Embarassingly enough, I was one of those guys who only had flexible tubes on my grease guns and never realize what a huge difference it made to use the solid tube. It's night and day in how fast and easy it is when you can get to the fitting!!!!!!

Good luck,
Eddie