Tractor
    L2250 Kubota

Default Fluid film Rust Proofing

Gentlemen
    The other day I purchased a 1 U.S. gal of Fluid Film rust proofing to use on my cars/ pickups etc. I was very impressed with it ( NO I do NOT work for the company ) . I purchased it at TSC store but according to the web site it can be bought at the John Deere dealers.I warmed it in a water bath because it is about the thickness of butterscotch pudding that needs to be thinned out for spraying. I spray with a heavy duty hand sprayer on pin nozzle pattern and this lets me get into deep fender spaces.
    Fluid Film? | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor
    Craig Clayton

Default Re: Fluid film Rust Proofing

Note that there is already a long thread on Fluid Film entitled "Eureka Fluid Film".

Although effective in certain applications it is not long term effective as a vehicle rustproofing. After reading the thread it has been remarked that it lasts a few months and even the link about using it for undercoating a vehicle recommends annual re-application.
    Undercoat My Car

Actual vehicle rustproofing is much more effective in this application since it is designed for that purpose. I just recently checked my truck, which I did rustproof with commercial vehicle rustproofing, and after 3 years the rustproofing is just as it was applied and still 100% effective.
    2003 Massey Ferguson 2925, 25hp Hydro, 60" shaft drive mower deck, 60" manual blade, 47" shaft drive two stage snow blower.
    2008 New Holland T2310 Deluxe 40hp FWD Boomer, Dual power hydro/ 250TL FEL/ 758C BH/ 105A HD 72" gear tiller, Woods GB72 box scraper, Arrow Material Handling Mighty Max 48" pallet forks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hematite View Post
    Note that there is already a long thread on Fluid Film entitled "Eureka Fluid Film".

Although effective in certain applications it is not long term effective as a vehicle rustproofing. After reading the thread it has been remarked that it lasts a few months and even the link about using it for undercoating a vehicle recommends annual re-application.
    Undercoat My Car

Actual vehicle rustproofing is much more effective in this application since it is designed for that purpose. I just recently checked my truck, which I did rustproof with commercial vehicle rustproofing, and after 3 years the rustproofing is just as it was applied and still 100% effective.
    What "Actual vehicle rustproofing" did you use ?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 2925

The product name is RustFre or something like that. Available, along with applicator gun, at Body Shop Supply stores. Has worked extremely well.
    2003 Massey Ferguson 2925

Tractor
    John Deere 770, Bobcat 753

Fluid Film is the closest thing to the factory wax coatings that I can find. Other formulations outside of the spray can, leave a thick grease like coating. While it can wash off in heavy, constant flow (like wheel well areas), its remarkably resilient. I've had excellent results with fluid film as an underbody coating.
    I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. ~ Groucho Marx