HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #21  
Try a swap with the garage, like i will give you this oil for a free oil change, tansmission fluid change , tire rotation, new ujoints or something. I would not run it, just think of what clogged injectors or a injector pump would cost let alone the engine. Heck a new fuel filter and your time is prolly creeping towad $30 if you dont have some high dollar fuel filter alone.

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #22  
and if you do have the high dollar filter.. there you go depleting it's life by plugging it up with deposit and particulate laden addatives.

soundguy

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #23  
I just came across this thread when i was looking into a closely related issue...if i have empty 5 gallon buckets of hydraulic oil, can i drain them out (not wiped down but just a little trace) and use them to transport diesel fuel? I know they wouldnt be approved containers, but i'm just wondering if it would hurt my diesel engine (in my Dodge Cummins truck). Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #24  
you will be fine. the lil residue of clan hyd oil in that huge volume of diesel ... no big deal.

I have used engine oil pails to do the same, with fuel in a pinch when I couldn't find a clean diesel jug. did it just this weekend.. again.. no biggie there..

soundguy

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #25  
I keep 5 or 6 55 gallon drums around in case I come across some heating oil (a local gas company has been installing new lines and converting people over). One of the local highway departments has been giving me their empty drums for free since they have to store all the empty ones inside a shed and in spill containers until they get taken away.

A couple of them have had a gallon or two of what was in them before hand. Usually either diesel engine oil or hydraulic oil. If it's more than a gallon I'll drain it out and use it, if it's less then I just don't worry about it and will just fill the drum with heating oil or off road diesel. Never had a problem. Once I stopped by and he didn't have any empties but said he was close and just gave me the drum with about 10 gallons of tractor fluid.

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #26  
I keep 5 or 6 55 gallon drums around in case I come across some heating oil (a local gas company has been installing new lines and converting people over). One of the local highway departments has been giving me their empty drums for free since they have to store all the empty ones inside a shed and in spill containers until they get taken away.

A couple of them have had a gallon or two of what was in them before hand. Usually either diesel engine oil or hydraulic oil. If it's more than a gallon I'll drain it out and use it, if it's less then I just don't worry about it and will just fill the drum with heating oil or off road diesel. Never had a problem. Once I stopped by and he didn't have any empties but said he was close and just gave me the drum with about 10 gallons of tractor fluid.

Try to be careful about misc. empty drums setting around for free. I'm an oil distributor. People do some bad things to so called empty drums. Take a flash lite and shine in the big bung, you can see to the bottom that way, and look for water or dirt. Set that drum up on the top of a 5 gallon pail, tip it up so that last dreg of oil drips out. Closely looking you can see water, crappy something or another, old black drain oil etc. A clean drum is obvious, dirty ones are too, no need to contaminate your fuel by assuming.

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #27  
I would find someone who was building a log splitter. Give it away or sell it to them for a buck a gallon. Much more useful to them. My old indirect diesel would run on just about anything - but I would not use it.

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #28  
Try to be careful about misc. empty drums setting around for free. I'm an oil distributor. People do some bad things to so called empty drums. Take a flash lite and shine in the big bung, you can see to the bottom that way, and look for water or dirt. Set that drum up on the top of a 5 gallon pail, tip it up so that last dreg of oil drips out. Closely looking you can see water, crappy something or another, old black drain oil etc. A clean drum is obvious, dirty ones are too, no need to contaminate your fuel by assuming.

Being a town highway department they can't do anything bad, lol. They can't put anything into the drums. They can have anything on top of the drums (rags, tools, etc.) once they open them. They use them with an overhead hose system that has drops near all the trucks.

Once a drum is empty they must leave it in the plastic spill container and it can't be placed outside. They actually built a shed to store these drums while they are waiting for the dealer come to pick them up. Since it's taxpayer money they just go with the flow. It's amazing what OSHA and the EPA will not let them do.

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #29  
20_20. Ive ran as much as a gallon of hydraulic to five of diesel. Also ran that much of rock oil what ever the heck that is in my tractors and in my 04 chevy and had no issurs. Its oil.. itll burn. Lanceh i use used buckets all the time with leftover oil in them. Itll be gone after the first time you fill it. I know im just a dumb roughneck but thats my thoughts. You use what ya got

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #30  
heck.. I use those 15w40 5qt motor oil jugs as lawnmower gas cans when i go out and mow my property.. and the first filling for sure gets that ounce or two of oil in it.. never noticed a problem evn on the gassers.. i'm quite sure a diesel wouldn't care at all..

soundguy