HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #1  

20 20

Elite Member
How do you folks feel about hydraulic fluid being used with diesel as a fuel? I'm not writting about used motor oil or nasty dirty hydraulic fluid. I have read and heard of folks using a mix of CLEAN HYDRAULIC oil and diesel{up to 50/50} for their fuel. I'm just wonder if any one does it and if so how well did it work?

PS: again I'm not asking about nasty dirty oils, only clean{new} or filtered{used} hydraulic fluid.

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #2  
How do you folks feel about hydraulic fluid being used with diesel as a fuel? I'm not writting about used motor oil or nasty dirty hydraulic fluid. I have read and heard of folks using a mix of CLEAN HYDRAULIC oil and diesel{up to 50/50} for their fuel. I'm just wonder if any one does it and if so how well did it work?

PS: again I'm not asking about nasty dirty oils, only clean{new} or filtered{used} hydraulic fluid.

Why? Last time I bought hydro oil it was about $50 for 5 gallons. My public skool Indiana Math skills says thats about $10 per gallon.

Now I did not buy Diesel fuel today but did buy nearly 50 gallons of gasoline. It ranged from $2.92 to $2.99 and to the best of my memory the Diesel at these stations was in the $3.20 per gallon range.

$3.20 per gallon versus $10.00 per gallon seems like a no brainer to me.:confused2:

Chris

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #3  
What would be the benfit in doing that? Just wondering. Seems like alot of money to do that.

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #4  
Sounds like 20_20 is maybe/really wanting feedback on burning used hydraulic oil with diesel.

...only clean{new} or filtered{used} hydraulic fluid

I'd say, give it a shot. Would know reasonably quick if the engine runs on the mix, and then can give us a report back.
As well pointed out, buying new oil is too expensive.

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #5  
I'm interested... I'm coming up on an oil hydraulic oil change... and the last time I did it, it look good as new... recycling it saves me nothing but if I burn it in the tank... :licking:

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #6  
Sounds like 20_20 is maybe/really wanting feedback on burning used hydraulic oil with diesel.

I'd say, give it a shot. Would know reasonably quick if the engine runs on the mix, and then can give us a report back.
As well pointed out, buying new oil is too expensive.

Thats what I'd say ... Don't think I would go for a 50/50 mix ... maybe a couple gallons to 50 gallons.

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL
Diamondpilot and others; Sorry, I threw the clean hydro fluid in there so you wouldn't think I wanted to run dirty fluid through my system. So to answer a few questions yes it would be "used clean" hydro fluid. I have researched it and found that some folks actually search for hydraulic fluid to mix with their diesel, they feel it helps run the engine cleaner???? I was thinking of a mix about 1qt per 1gal, I have around 60gals that I just aquired. I did read that most of the folks doing this like to run a 50/50 mix.

Diamondpilot you are correct I'd have to be nutz :confused3: to pick new hydro over diesel because of cost :drink:

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #8  
My old 78 Scout II just loved it when I got some diesel in the tank... very smooth and quite :ashamed::eek: (don't ask... long story) Let us know how it goes!!!

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL #9  
hmm.. i wonder how much the injector pump and injectors cost?

your filtration cost?

there ARE contaminates in the used oil.. metals and moisture.

I'm sure it's not an approved ULSD addative. not sure what a 2009+ diesel would do with it now that they have those new 'deisel exhaust fluid' systems and what not.

if you want fuel lubricity seems like power service or stanadyne would work..

soundguy

/ HYDRAULIC OIL MIXED WITH FUEL
Soundguy; I use Marvel Mystery Fluid in my diesel, but this is free and there is nothing wrong with it. The hydraulic fluid is fairly new {6mths}, I was just figuring a way to use it up. I know others are using it in their newer vehicles, just wondered if anyone here has done it. I give all my used engine oil etc... to the guys that have the "used garage oil heaters" but this stuff is clean and may benifit me. 60gals at $3.00+ per gal adds up, $180.00 if it does no harm that's money in my pocket. I do plan on thinning it out, infact I made a small batch just to try out. I have not had time to run my machine yet but will give a heads up when possible.