No Ethanol

/ No Ethanol #1  

Diamondpilot

Super Star Member
Tractor
Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work
As many of you know I am a pilot and travel all over the country each and every week. On thing I find interesting is the different attitude towards things. For example, I was in Philly all day yesterday and today I am in the deep south, Louisiana. Tomorrow I will be in Cali and so on.

Here is something I saw today when getting gas in my rental car. I talked to the station owner and he said they went this way about 6 months ago along with many other stations in the area because it was what the customer wanted. No tree hugger stuff down here with the Good Old Boys in the South.

Just wish they would do this back home in Indiana. Our gas is crap anymore. Every day I hear of someone with fuel problems in a boat, car, or a piece of power equipment.

Chris

Attachments

• no ethanol.jpg
    no ethanol.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 293
   / No Ethanol #2  
It will not hurt my feelings if they take it out of our fuel, It does cut MPG on a car and you are paying a subsidity for it to be made of corn. They should try making it of something else, if they want to add it to motor fuel. Jy

/ No Ethanol #3  
   / No Ethanol
Check out Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

If the info is correct, you can obtain pure gas in Indiana. Are any of the listed sources nearby?

Steve

As of Jan 1 2010 in Indiana all on road fuel must have 10% ethanol. I have seen this site before and if you look all the listed sources are airports (some airplanes can run on regular gas), marinas, Co-Op's such as Farm Bureau and Country Mark, ect.

We have a few of them around us and I have checked them out and all say "For Off Road Use Only"..

We also must have 5% bio in our diesel. Total junk!

Chris

/ No Ethanol #6  
Tomorrow I will be in Cali and so on.

Have fun on the left coast, Chris. $3.29/gal for regular gas yesterday.

I don't think there is any gas sold here in CA that does not have some CH4
in it. (The dealer who just sold me a new primer bulb for my Husky
says the Conoco-76 stuff is the least corrosive. I doubt it.)

We have just switched to the so-called winter blend here, which uses
more oxygenates to reduce pollution. The biggest complaint is that
everyone gets lower mileage, too. They used to use MTBE instead of
ethanol, but that is outlawed now.

/ No Ethanol #7  
They are trying to Oxygenate the fuel here too> if they do it will be another increase. Won't help the air here, as we are living in a major highway crossroads .With continous traffic from all over the country, and most don't buy their fuel here. jy.

/ No Ethanol #8  
We can get non-oxy in Minnesota, but it's for motorcycles, classic cars, power equipment and off road use only. I hate stupid laws! :mur:

Joe

/ No Ethanol #9  
Ain't it the truth. I think that tenn. has some of the most backward laws in this country. Jy

/ No Ethanol #10  
I've notice more pming service on my trike and 2 cycle engine each year :( but if one watch Modern Marvels there is better. hmmmmm.