New Kubota SUDT2

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #11  
The dealer said the new fluid is synthetic, and yes it is made by Ashland Oil. I paid $20.89 a gallon from Messicks. The dealers by me didn't even know there was a new Super UDT2 out. Pretty scary, and their dealers.

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #12  
Super UDT2 Synthetic Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid (2.5 Gallon) for $49.95 from Coleman Equipment. That's a $1/ Gal cheaper than SUDT. How did that happen?

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #13  
yooper jim,

Have you tried their website lately? I have not had any success trying to access any of their pages.

They also give a 15% discount if multiple containers are purchased. I'm curious what shipping runs though for oil.

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #14  
Super UDT2 Synthetic Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid (2.5 Gallon) for $49.95 from Coleman Equipment. That's a $1/ Gal cheaper than SUDT. How did that happen?

As I noted prior, if the new Super SUDT is cheaper then the old SUDT, Kubota was ripping people off for years.

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #15  
The dealer said the new fluid is synthetic, and yes it is made by Ashland Oil. I paid $20.89 a gallon from Messicks. The dealers by me didn't even know there was a new Super UDT2 out. Pretty scary, and their dealers.

Ask the dealer what defines a synthetic...Is it ester based or POA? They will not know anything on it.

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #16  
moship
Colemans prices
Part # 70000-40202 2 - 2.5 gal jugs $84.92 + $17.18 shipping
Part # 70000-40205 1 - 5 Gal Bucket $97.21 + $18.18 shipping

Figure that one out. The bucket costs $13.29? :confused2:

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #17  
yooper jim,

Thanks for detailing the price and shipping. I noticed they offer a 15% discount when buying 2-2.5gal and you need to buy 2-5gal to get the 15%.
It would really be nice if local dealers would offer 15% off.

I agree the pricing is crazy.

Did you try Coleman's web site this week? I could not access anything other than the home page.

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #18  
moship

I didn't seem to have any problem. Messick's has it too, but is more expensive but closer to you ....... I think. I will wait for the dust to settle on the synthetic aspects SUDT2 before I make a purchase. BTW 2- 5 Gal pails at Colemans's $111.81 / pail shipped. Apparently no 15% off for two.

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #19  
Last Wednesday I stopped by the local dealer to pick up a 5 gallon pail of SUDT2 for a customer(friend) at the local dealer.There was a 20 percent off sale on Kubota fluids.I noticed it was very thin stuff,sloshing around in the back of the company van.This week,thinking about rising oil/energy prices,I snagged one for myself$79.50 before tax(my tree farm exempt).Sticker is Asland Oil.

/ New Kubota SUDT2 #20  
number two

What dealer did you go to. I'll be heading down state next week.

Jim