Valvoline premium synthetic

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #1  

rilesdav

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 6530c and Kubota BX25D
Has anyone out there tried the Valvoline premium blue synthetic 5-40? I currently use Rotella T-6 in my tractor and D-max pickup, but NAPA has gallon jugs on sale for $19.99. I would prefer to get oil from NAPA vs. Wally World. Thanks for any feedback.
Dave

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #2  
It should be OK.

I use Rotella T6 because we need the zinc protection and have not found a better oil under $20 a gallon.

NAPA is a good place to support but they are never open when I am stocking up on Rotella T6.

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #3  
Its a good oil that we use in many marine applications. I run Valvoline Synthetic 5W30 in my Nissan Titan. Its what came in it from the factory so I stayed with it. Get it at WalMart for $22 in 5qt jugs.

Chris

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #4  
The VPB (Valvoline Premium Blue)5w40 CJ-4 is a fine product rest assured, as are all the major brands (Delo, Delvac, Rotella,). They all meet/exceed the Cummins CES 20081 tests and will provide long lasting protection all year around and capible of extended oil change intervals.

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #5  
The VPB (Valvoline Premium Blue)5w40 CJ-4 is a fine product rest assured, as are all the major brands (Delo, Delvac, Rotella,). They all meet/exceed the Cummins CES 20081 tests and will provide long lasting protection all year around and capible of extended oil change intervals.

How about Castrol Tection Extra? I change a lot of oil but do not know much about it to be honest. I just buy name brand stuff and never seem to have a issue. I just picked up 20 gallons at Auto Zone on sale for $7.99 a gallon. I have never used it but it meets SAE CJ-4.

Castrol

Castrol USA - Technical Data

Chris

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #6  
I use Mobil Delvac in my Bota, and Mobile one in my Toyota 4 cylinder. I used Valvoline semi-synthetic in my older s-10 diesel for 14 years. That Isuzu diesel never did leak motor oil, and was clean as a pin inside the valve cover.Jy.

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #7  
I've got Premium Blue in my tractor right now. Doesn't seem to use any oil, and seems to start a bit easier, but then again it always starts on the first revolution. I like it and if you can get a good deal on it, its probably worth it. However the only thing that really stands out above all the other synthetic 5w-40's is that its got a nice blue color when new. Mobil 1, Rotella, etc are probably just as good.

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #8  
How about Castrol Tection Extra? I change a lot of oil but do not know much about it to be honest. I just buy name brand stuff and never seem to have a issue. I just picked up 20 gallons at Auto Zone on sale for $7.99 a gallon. I have never used it but it meets SAE CJ-4.

Castrol

Castrol USA - Technical Data

Chris
T/E compares favorably to the "big three" also (Delo, Delvac, Rotella) and yes also meets/exceeds the Cummins CES 20081 tests. Castrol Tection Extra and Valvoline Premium Blue are another "sleeper oil" that doesn't get much respect, but should. These two (T/E and VPB) are the red-headed step kids of the HDEO world.

stick with any name brand HDEO that meets currant API CJ-4,CI-4(getting hard to find now) spec and it'll be GOOD!!

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #9  
T/E compares favorably to the "big three" also (Delo, Delvac, Rotella) and yes also meets/exceeds the Cummins CES 20081 tests. Castrol Tection Extra and Valvoline Premium Blue are another "sleeper oil" that doesn't get much respect, but should. These two (T/E and VPB) are the red-headed step kids of the HDEO world.

stick with any name brand HDEO that meets currant API CJ-4,CI-4(getting hard to find now) spec and it'll be GOOD!!

Thanks. I have always figured that using quality oil and filters was the cheapest best insurance you could buy for a piece of equipment.

I am not brand loyal on oil. I have Valvoline, Shell, Exxon, Castrol, Pennzoil, ect all on the shelf right now. Well over 100 gallons. I just buy what is in stock for my needs and the best price at the time.

When it was $7.50 a gallon I could not pass it up. I buy everything in gallons or 5qt jugs now days. Will never again mess with the QT containers.

Chris

/ Valvoline premium synthetic #10  
Thanks. I have always figured that using quality oil and filters was the cheapest best insurance you could buy for a piece of equipment.

I am not brand loyal on oil. I have Valvoline, Shell, Exxon, Castrol, Pennzoil, ect all on the shelf right now. Well over 100 gallons. I just buy what is in stock for my needs and the best price at the time.

When it was $7.50 a gallon I could not pass it up. I buy everything in gallons or 5qt jugs now days. Will never again mess with the QT containers.

Chris
I do the same buy when on sale or on rollback from Walmart and in 5qt or gal jugs i too have a nice "stash" in the back room. :laughing: :thumbsup: