Lawsuit regarding E15

/ Lawsuit regarding E15 #2  
From the article:

Automakers say they are worried the EPA decision would eventually lead to motorists unknowingly filling up their older cars and trucks with E15

Motorists "unknowingly" filling up with the wrong fuel? Gas pumps will be labeled. The vehicle's included literature will indicate what fuels are approved, and which are not.

The problem could be exacerbated if E15 fuels are cheaper than more conventional blends, prompting owners of older vehicles to use the fuel despite the potential engine problems.

Vehicle owners choosing to use the wrong fuel despite potential engine problems *kind of* deserve whatever they get.

disclaimer:

None of this should be interpreted as being "for" increased ethanol use. It's just kind of funny to me that in most situations, people get upset when others assume that they require babysitting. With the ethanol thing, it appears they want babysitting.

"What if I put the wrong fuel in my car?"

"What if the wrong fuel is cheaper, but I put it in anyway 'cause it will save me money on a fill-up?"

:D

;)

/ Lawsuit regarding E15 #3  
Don't shoot me, but I did much of the development work on E-15. Using it in equipment not designed for it may lead to problems. Alcohol is rather corrosive, and tends to attract moisture from the air making it even more so.
On my mini-sprinter, a race car much like a dirt track sprint car, smaller and everybody runs the same Honda 600cc motorcycle motor on straight menthol alcohol. At the end of the racing I use a system that changes the fuel source from alcohol to gasoline running the car until all alcohol is flushed out before putting it in the trailer.

Ya know, the exhaust from burning alcohol is formaldehyde. If you are not sure what that is, it is the same stuff your high school Biology teacher kept all his frogs in.

/ Lawsuit regarding E15 #4  
I don't care if it's labeled or not, if there is only one type of fuel what do you do?

/ Lawsuit regarding E15 #5  
I don't care if it's labeled or not, if there is only one type of fuel what do you do?

Agreed.

For dealer to install more pumps and tanks is going to jack up the costs. Not that the (****) bureaucrats and politicians care.

Plus in many states they do NOT label the pumps, they don't want people knowing what they are forced to buy.

Ken

/ Lawsuit regarding E15 #6  
I hope this lawsuit works, E-10 can go away too as far as I am concerned.

/ Lawsuit regarding E15 #7  
It is well documented of the negative effects that E-10 has on small engines, and now this:confused:

It's also documented that you/we get less gas mileage with E-10 and the cost of the lesser mileage doesn't justify the very limited cost saving for using it in the first place. One word for you "Lobbyist".

/ Lawsuit regarding E15 #8  
   / Lawsuit regarding E15 #9  

Perhaps it's best to not panic. If the vehicle in your driveway, or the lawn tractor in your garage came with literature that specifically says that fuel blends containing more than 10% cannot be used, do you believe that the "push" by certain individuals or agencies to increase ethanol levels to 15% will automatically mean that blends containing less than 15% will be unavailable?

If anyone has information from the EPA, the government, the current Washington administration, or anyone else for that matter that says they're going to require you to burn unapproved fuel by making approved fuel unavailable post it here with a link.

Plus in many states they do NOT label the pumps, they don't want people knowing what they are forced to buy.

If they're currently selling blended fuel with up to 10% ethanol and not labeling the pump, that's not "forgivable" perhaps, but it's understandable because fuel blends of up to 10% are approved for just about everything and have been for years.

If they start selling 15% blends at your local station, it will be labeled, because a whole lot of what's out there specifically warns against using blends upwards of 10% in the included literature.

Once again, if you have information that contradicts any of this, post it here with a link. All of this, "The sky is falling" stuff that gets posted and repeated over and over accomplishes nothing.

/ Lawsuit regarding E15 #10  
brokenot,

IMO, you have too much faith in our bureaucrats and politicians.

They don't care what happens to your 5 year old car or lawn mower. There are plenty of people experiencing problems with the current ethanol blends, especially in the marine environment. Do they care? Show me any evidence.

Ken