15% ethanol in gasoline passes.

/ 15% ethanol in gasoline passes. #1  

jonyyuma

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952
Well, it has been hashed over a little here. The ruling for increasing the ethanol content of gasoline has raised to 15%.This is bad news for most of us, unless, you happen to be making or selling ethanol. Lower fuel mileage is not what I was looking for. This cannot be good for the economy, buying more and getting less mileage.? My cars says in the Manual "Ethanol not exceeding 10% may be burned". Who can we protest to ? I hope they at least keep the 10% pumps available. Jy.

/ 15% ethanol in gasoline passes. #2  
The consumer loses again....

/ 15% ethanol in gasoline passes. #3  
And what was the point of adding EtOH to gasoline? It costs more and we need to use 10% more just to get the same distance as before. Now we will have to pay even more for less fuel economy.

/ 15% ethanol in gasoline passes. #4  
Boy I wish this could be decided by popular vote. This is not a good thing for me.

/ 15% ethanol in gasoline passes. #6  
Well, it has been hashed over a little here. The ruling for increasing the ethanol content of gasoline has raised to 15%.This is bad news for most of us, unless, you happen to be making or selling ethanol. Lower fuel mileage is not what I was looking for. This cannot be good for the economy, buying more and getting less mileage.? My cars says in the Manual "Ethanol not exceeding 10% may be burned". Who can we protest to ? I hope they at least keep the 10% pumps available. Jy.

I read that today. Of course I an't find the article now :rolleyes: but they're claiming that autos from 2001 to 2006 are OK to run it after all. It didn't say anything about my generator, chainsaws, snowsleds, ATV,...

I guess it's time to start buying airplane fuel.

/ 15% ethanol in gasoline passes. #7  
I read that today. Of course I an't find the article now :rolleyes: but they're claiming that autos from 2001 to 2006 are OK to run it after all. It didn't say anything about my generator, chainsaws, snowsleds, ATV,...

I guess it's time to start buying airplane fuel.

Add my 93 model truck do that list.

/ 15% ethanol in gasoline passes. #8  
Th boating community will LOVE this. Ill show these idiots where to shove thier corn.

/ 15% ethanol in gasoline passes. #9  
If it gives you less MPG (and it does) then you have to buy more gas. Then the state and Fed government gets more money on the gas tax cause they sold more.. They win!!!

/ 15% ethanol in gasoline passes. #10  
The consumer loses again....

Double whammy, we lose both as consumers and as taxpayers.

Let's see, this will reduce fuel economy at the same time they are mandating higher fuel economy :confused2: