Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler??

/ Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler?? #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
I can't seem to find them. Tractor Supply only sells the solid, one piece couplers that do not adjust / tighten/ loosen ... the same as the one that came on the gun I got at Home Depot.

I want the ability to loosen the coupler if it gets stuck on a zerk fitting ...

... which happened to me recently, & which my Kubota sales folks told me happens on at least one zerk nearly every time they lube a new tractor for delivery.

/ Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler?? #2  
any of the chain-store auto parts outlet have them...most are adjustable

/ Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler?? #3  
I can't seem to find them. Tractor Supply only sells the solid, one piece couplers that do not adjust / tighten/ loosen ... the same as the one that came on the gun I got at Home Depot.

I want the ability to loosen the coupler if it gets stuck on a zerk fitting ...

... which happened to me recently, & which my Kubota sales folks told me happens on at least one zerk nearly every time they lube a new tractor for delivery.
:confused2: I've been greasing cars/trucks/tractors for 40 years and have never had the trouble that my Bota zerks give me. That adjustable coupler is a must now. I wonder if it's because the FEL joints are so tight vs automotive front end connections that I'm used to? Got my adjustable coupler at the Kubota dealership.

/ Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler?? #4  
I've never seen a solid coupler, all of mine will rotate loose if I put a wrench on the nut and a pair of pliers on the coupler.

DEWFPO

/ Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler??
I've never seen a solid coupler, all of mine will rotate loose if I put a wrench on the nut and a pair of pliers on the coupler.

I tried that. Held one end with vice grips & used a wrench on the other end ... although there's a very thin recessed line around the middle of the coupler, it sure as heck seems to be one solid piece. It won't budge even with incredible force.

Last night I lubed all of my tractor's zerks with my dad's grease gun, which does have an adjustable coupler, & man was it a breeze. Pop the coupler on, grease it, & if the coupler doesn't wanna come off easily, just unscrew it a tiny bit & it slips right off. What a breeze. All I want is that same exact setup ... but can't find it :(

/ Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler?? #6  
Any auto parts store should have one.

/ Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler??
I tried that. Held one end with vice grips & used a wrench on the other end ... although there's a very thin recessed line around the middle of the coupler, it sure as heck seems to be one solid piece. It won't budge even with incredible force.

OK, being that my original coupler had a broken zerk stuck in it that I couldn't get out for nuthin', I decided to use even more force (heck it's useless as is) to try separating the two parts of the coupler ... if there actually are two pieces to it. I stuck one end in my vice & used my vice grips on the other end ... It took all of my weight laying on top of the vice grips, but finally ... SNAP ... it finally broke loose! Wow! That thing was incredibly stuck. I wonder if I got the only one like this ... or if not, how many buyers of the same Home Depot "Work Force" grease gun will be returning it thinking it doesn't work with a crud :(

Last edited:
   / Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler?? #8  
i was just going to reply that they all adjust with proper force. The fit is so good at the joint that you cant see it when it is tight and some of them are quiet tight.

/ Where can I buy an adjustable grease gun coupler?? #9  
:)You are right.... I just never noticed it or needed it until the Kubota came along. Thank Gary.