Off Road---Home Heating oil

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #1  

etcallhome

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1026R
Today I was telling neighbor about a location to buy off road at regular service station.
He was telling me that as of Feb 1st of this year ..Heating oil and off road is now the same thing .There is no difference !!! Anyone else able to agree or disagree..
This info came from manager at the local Southern States.Coop.

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #2  
40 years ago i ran my David Brown (Case) on oil I pumped out of my 1000 gallon underground tank. No problems. But that was 40 years ago. . .

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #3  
home heating oil and diesel...What a new topic! Do a search, this is old school.. They are the same, minus the color for tax reasons.

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #4  
Today I was telling neighbor about a location to buy off road at regular service station.
He was telling me that as of Feb 1st of this year ..Heating oil and off road is now the same thing .There is no difference !!! Anyone else able to agree or disagree..

As of about 90 years ago.

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #5  
Been the same here for 25 years or more. Out of all my friends and family, I would guess in the 300 number I only know 3 that have HHO furnaces. Just not popular here so no market. They just put diesel in the tanks and maybe a little Kero if it gets real cold.

Chris

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil
home heating oil and diesel...What a new topic! Do a search, this is old school.. They are the same, minus the color for tax reasons.

My understanding was there would be no difference in color !!!!!! and same for lubrication..

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #7  
Diesel (engine fuel) and#2 (furnace fuel) are just one of many distillates that come out of a bbl of "oil", which comes in many forms- high sulphur (bad), light, sweet crude (good- except it comes from places like Libya!) North Sea oil, and Canadian tar sands, to name a few.
According to T. Boone Pickins, only a third of a barrel yields diesel- the rest becomes kerosene, gasoline, the lighter fuels like butane, and the heavy stuff, like motor oil and grease.

-just don't get caught on the highway, running uncolored fuel in your Mercedes. . .

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil
just don't get caught on the highway, running uncolored fuel in your Mercedes. . .
No need to worry about that !!! Don't own a Diesel of any brand for highway!!

My concern was same as others have mentioned ,,about dye for off road and taxes !!

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #9  

I have used heating oil since 1965. In this Area home Heating Oil is No.1 Diesel or Kerosene. I use off Road no.2 Diesel as it has more B.T.U.s. I now have a Heat Pump backed up by a Condensing Oil Furnace. It is 96% efficent.

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #10  
It depends on your area. In CT right now HHO is 3000 ppm sulfur and off road diesel is ULSD, the same as on road diesel but with dye added. As of this summer HHO is going down to 500 ppm sulfur (LSD) and its supposed to go to ULSD some time in the future.