satoh beaver III

/ satoh beaver III #1  

sapulpa66

Tractor
satoh beaver III
does any body know what type of hydraulic fluid a satoh beaver III takes, a friend has let one to me and we know nothing about the tractor at all. Where can I get a manual for one? Thanks :eek:

/ satoh beaver III #4  
Hey sapulpa66! Welcome to TractorByNet! :D I have moved your thread to the Oil, Fuel, & Lubricants Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :thumbsup:

/ satoh beaver III #5  
Your Beaver III will use any "Universal Tractor Fluid" or equivalent. Napa, some Wal-Marts, and other auto parts stores, or any tractor/equipment shop will have a compatible fluid. Look on the label for John Deere 303 (Might say JD303) or International Hy-Tran equivalencies. Others that may be listed are JD20A,B,C,D or J27A.

There's a Mitsubishi forum here that will probably be able to actually give better advice than the generic oil/lubricant forum. You'll be good with that fluid though.

/ satoh beaver III #6  
It will hold around 3.5 gallons if you are changing the oil. Two drain plugs on the bottom. There is a screen filter on the right side of the rear housing near the bottom. Held in by two bolts. Take this out and clean the fine mesh screen and look for holes. There is a hard rubber plug next to the gear shift for filling. There is also a fill level plug on the left side that looks like a bolt that's not doing anything. You can pour oil in the top until it comes out the fill level hole. That way you know you are at the correct amount. (level ground of course) Many say you can use 80w-90 if you don't have a loader or other hydraulic attachments.

/ satoh beaver III #7  
Check Hyd Level trans1.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg
This sticker came off of my Satoh 373D but I put Service Pro Premium tractor hydraulic fluid in mine in 2015.
The original owner's manual also says that you can use 80/90 but I chose to NOT use it.
The manual is from early 1980's and oil technology has changes a bit since then.
Yes, the same fluid is in the tranmission and hydraulic lift. To each his own.