Tractor
    NH TC35D

Default Castrol GTX ok for NH 35D?

I have been using Castrol GTX 10w30 in my NH TC 35D. I have been told be a NH rep to use only NH oil. I change oil and NH filter every 50 hours. I am wondering if there is more than just a price difference in the oil. If there is a significant difference, is there something available from the autoparts store, as my NH dealer is about an hour away. Thanks ahead of time for any response.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Re: Castrol GTX ok for NH 35D?

You can use any oil that's diesel rated and of the right viscosity for the temps in your area.

Bronze Member

I don't think GTX is rated for a diesel. THat would be a c? rating. Look on your container and it will tell you for sure.
    GregH

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Jim, you do not have to use a NH oil. But as others say, it must be rated CD or CF, or whatever NH says in the manual. I think the GTX is rated something like SJ which means it's only certified for use in non-diesel engines. Many say the S stands for spark ignition and the C for compression. Not sure if this is exactly right but it's a great way to remember it. I switched to synthetic and syn-blends years ago because they carry the diesel certification for the mulitgrade oil. I may now make the switch to the new Shell Rotella T multigrade synthetic.