Troybilt PTO Horse

/ Troybilt PTO Horse #1  

studebaker

Tractor
troybilt pto horse
Reading one of the posts, the member recommended shuting off the gas valve going to the carburetor, and running remaining gas out. I bought a 1993 PTO Horse 3 years ago which had only been used one time. A technician at Tecumseh got me on to Seafoam, which I found was well worth the money, and I use it in my 2 and 4 cycle motors. The gas tank had gas in it, and the gas valve left open. I had to replace the gas line, and the gas valve at the bottom of the tank. Anyhow, the 8hp Kohler Magnum ran rough, and when I hit a rock would skip, but after using the Seafoam, which was also recommended by a repair shop, it does not skip a beat, and all of my engines run great. Check it out!

Last edited:
   / Troybilt PTO Horse #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Oil, Fuel, & Lubricants Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ Troybilt PTO Horse #4  
Studebaker:
I read up on the Seafoam website. I've never used it before, but I have a Stihl weedeater that I may try it on.

I also have a Troybilt Horse tiller. I bought it new in 1982, and it's been great ever since. I had a choice between 8hp Tecumseh or the 8 hp Briggs. I picked the Briggs engine, as I have had good luck with them in the past.

I always use StaBil fuel stabilizer in all my small engines, as I store fuel for a year sometimes (need to use the generator after winter storms). My weedeater is acting like it has a slightly clogged fuel path. Maybe the Seafoam will fix it. Glad it worked for you!