SUDT vs. UDT - What a difference!

/ SUDT vs. UDT - What a difference! #1  

sixgun

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I just turned 260 hours in my almost 5 year old B2710. Sad, I know. I was going to wait until fall to do the hydro fluid so that I'd bet set for winter but since I had all the stuff...

I replaced the UDT with more UDT at the 50 hour service and since the whine of the transmission sounded just like my neighbor's B3030 I didn't think anything of it and just figured that's the way it was. Well, now I can stand up and be counted as one of the converted. The tractor purrs like a kitten now. Seriously, it is much more quiet than before. I don't tend to do much shifting with the HST, but I wonder if I'll see smoother operation there, too.

I replaced my front axle fluid with UDT last fall, but its not a big job and not a lot of fluid. Hmmmm.

I have noticed other changes that are worth mentioning as well. For instance, my other neighbor doesn't flip me off (as much) any more, colors seem more vivid and I could swear that my wife is losing weight.:laughing:

/ SUDT vs. UDT - What a difference! #2  
too funny but I do not see SUDT in the post...How about SUDT vs Super Duper UDT2! LOL

/ SUDT vs. UDT - What a difference! #3  
I have noticed other changes that are worth mentioning as well. For instance, my other neighbor doesn't flip me off (as much) any more, colors seem more vivid and I could swear that my wife is losing weight.:laughing:

Are you SURE the fluid went into the tractor and not your glass of sweet tea? LoL & j/k

To me, it is new fluid vs old fluid, but with the modest price difference it should not matter either way.

/ SUDT vs. UDT - What a difference! #4  
I recently found out that Kubota oil is actually Chevron oil...!!!

/ SUDT vs. UDT - What a difference! #5  
That does not supprise me at all, oil would need to be DIRT cheap for it to pay to ship from Japan to the USA then be trucked all over the country. It is a far better idea to contract with a US based refiner.

I would add that who "made" the SUDT oil does not mean their house brand is equivelant to the KTC SUDT spec however, but if it has the SUDT endorsement it does meet the spec.

/ SUDT vs. UDT - What a difference! #6  
I still would like to see a VOA of the SUDT and SUDT2....IF not, I think it is all marketing..

Kind of like the old Mobil 1 vs the new advanced fuel deal.

/ SUDT vs. UDT - What a difference! #7  
That does not supprise me at all, oil would need to be DIRT cheap for it to pay to ship from Japan to the USA then be trucked all over the country. It is a far better idea to contract with a US based refiner.

I would add that who "made" the SUDT oil does not mean their house brand is equivelant to the KTC SUDT spec however, but if it has the SUDT endorsement it does meet the spec.

In this particular case, the manufacturer brand stuff is identical to the Bota branded stuff...
The conversation I had was very informative... the bota stuff was actually developed in Japan by Chevron..

/ SUDT vs. UDT - What a difference! #8  
I recently found out that Kubota oil is actually Chevron oil...!!!

That doesn't suprise me. Most manufacturers of diesel engines have a specific blend custom made by the oil manufacturers. Cummins has their Premium Blue engine oil made by Valvoline.