How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #1  

jem041279

Bronze Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota L3940 4x4 w/ FEL & John Deere 750
After altering my boat I now have about a gallon or so of 2 cycle oil left over that I don'T plan on using. I have 300 gallons of bulk no 2 diesel and was wondering if it was a good idea to add the oil to the tank and if so how much? I do have some additive in the tank already, so just curious if it is possible to have to much extra's in diesel.

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #2  
Well 100:1 is what modern 2 cycle engines use, so if you put all of your "extra" 2 cycle oil into your bulk storage it would result in about 300:1 ratio and nothing bad will happen with that.

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #3  
I mix some into mine , per tank...Ratio??Rule of thumb...Personally I don't like the exhaust blowing on me, so I added an extension to the pipe.

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #4  
dump it all in... wont hurt anything.

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #5  
I personally run about 1oz per gallon of diesel in my truck. Will do the same in my tractor.

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #6  
I personally run about 1oz per gallon of diesel in my truck. Will do the same in my tractor.

Over on the dodge cummins forum 1oz / gal of fuel formula is what they recommend - BUT that was also for the outboard motor oil that was TWC-3 formula. Not sure if that is what you have or not

Brian

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #7  
Id there some sort of benefit ?I should know about and be adding on purpose?

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #8  
Diesel fuel is now required to have 15 parts per million or less sulfur. Due to the refining process used in sulfur removal, diesel fuel has less lubricity. To me it is obvious diesel is now thinner than it used to be. I was told by a long time diesel mechanic and now instructor to pour transmission fluid or engine oil into the diesel fuel. I know another person with a 1989 ford 6.9 that had just replaced the injection pump. Pump tech told him to put auto tranmission fluid in and also the new diesel fuel was killing the pumps.

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #9  
Remember adding trans fluid to road fuel will make it look red like off road fuel.

Mike

/ How much 2 cycle engine oil can be safely added to diesel #10  
Very interesting. Since I am a new owner of a diesel, I will keep an eye on this thread:thumbsup: