Automatically refill tractor diesel

/ Automatically refill tractor diesel #31  
Man...I don't even know what you guys are saying anymore..Did someone change the language on this forum?

/ Automatically refill tractor diesel #32  
In other words...no built-in regulation whatsoever. .

I believe you are mistaken. usually the passive regulated ones are capacitive, and then you can get into higher dollar active regulated ones.

I am not speaking about the winco or the other one you had as I have not had experience with them.

soundguy

/ Automatically refill tractor diesel #33  
Cool... looks similar to the lab I work at sometimes for the tv station...

So.. in the end.

you think any of that means much.. whether you are talking 60.00001hz or 59.999999hz to say.. a switching power supply that runs from 50 to 60 cycles 90-240vac?

or any other equipment that you might find int he average house. probably not.

out of pase problems will be seen on some motors... big discrepiencies... motors depending on frequency for timing like for a clock. well.. fast or slow. think a couple milliseconds gain or loss is a big deal during a power outtage?

horizontal oscilator on a tv.. an old dinosaur tv?
flicker rate of a flourescent.

I see we've dropped into splitting the hairs, on the hairs, of the hairs of minutia bugs.. or.. a real epsilon problem.

If I had a ferroressonant power supply.. and really liked the device it was powering.. I might just shut it down.. past that.. I let er' rip.

the line power at the end of my road is way worse than anything my ptogenset puts out.. at least my voltage doesn't swing or stay HIGH like it does off my utility.

On some days, my line conditioner never drops the lamp on the first bar of 'high' led indicator.

I've never lost a piece of equipment on genny power.

I have lost equipment on line power.

with that post, I'll no longer continue discussing that portion of the thread. way too many other things to talk about...

soundguy

Pictured below on the shelf is a 2 channel 12.5GHz scope at work. It costs as much a really nice house in a really nice neighborhood. On top of it is a 2 channel FET probe pre-amp that costs about as much as an optioned-out Honda Accord. Below it is a 4 channel 2.5Ghz scope, and you can get a decent Mercedes C-class for what you pay for it.

All that said, none of them are suitable for precision frequency measurements, nor for generating Allan variance/deviation plots. That's not what scopes are used for. You make basic frequency measurements with a counter connected to a frequency reference, such as a Cs, Rb, or GPS-sync timebase. Additionally, a TIE (time interval analyzer), once again hung off a reference clock, gives you the necessary Allan variance/deviation plots.

Wrooster

IMG_1936.JPG

/ Automatically refill tractor diesel #34  
And to think, this thread started out with Charles wanting advise on how to keep his fuel tank full...

/ Automatically refill tractor diesel #35  
And to think, this thread started out with Charles wanting advise on how to keep his fuel tank full...

I think the people that are worried about the sine wave output of their genny, yet that think nothing of using an inverter to power something need to compair the 2!

soundguy