what do you use Fluid Film 4 ?

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ? #1  

Jeff Lary

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2950
I just bought my first can ever of Fluid Film Had my tractor battery out and wanted to try coating the terminals with it. I know I have read some people swearing by the stuff. I have never seen it before so I bought a can. I am a guy that fixes most all that I can myself.So I figure I will find a use or two but I was wondering what you guys use it for.

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ? #2  
Will be undercoating the truck with it, spraying all implements with it before winter. Spray all door locks with it. Can even clean work boots with it, just test an area first.

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ? #3  
Dang near everything that doesnt take grease, I use it for most things on the tractor that I want to lube/protect. Household things etc. I have just been using it for about a year, but I like it. It is now my go-to aerosol lube. It seems to last, not attract too much dirt, and doesn't even smell bad.

James K0UA

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ? #4  
I plan on coating the inside of my new snowblower with it, and the plug tines on my aerator. Pretty neat stuff.

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ? #5  
I plan on coating the inside of my new snowblower with it, and the plug tines on my aerator. Pretty neat stuff.

CAn use silicone spray or cooking spray and be cheaper.Tip from many commercial guys.

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ? #6  
I use Fluid Film on all linkages that don't have a grease fitting, the gear and range levers and all pivot points of the 3PH.

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ? #7  
Wire rope (crane cable). We've doubled the life on our cables, especially our 1" winch cables that get muddy, sandy, etc. The dirt doesn't stick to the FF like it does to cable grease. Also, we get longer life out of our gloves. The old thick black cable grease would ruin a pair quickly. Also, the FF doesn't harden up from age and cold temps.

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ?
Great uses, I guess I have a Farmi winch I will try the cable lube trick as well. I also will try the snow blower.

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ? #9  
It makes great pan spray for frying eggs as well.:)

/ what do you use Fluid Film 4 ? #10  
I have a 2002 2500HD with 131,000. I've Been straying fluid film as an undercoating for years. At this point I have very little of the waxy stuff GM puts on the frame, but if you wipe away the fluid film and the dirt my frame looks like it's brand new. My buddy had to do some work on my truck and told me Mine look's brand new underneath compared to his 2010 F350 which is all rusty already. I was going to have the frame repainted but no need to. I just spray fluid film twice a year and your good to go. Great stuff to keep around.